Thread: MB code reader/reset tool or windows software and connector

Question MB code reader/reset tool or windows software and connector

Anyone know where I can get a mercedes benz code reader/reset tool or the windows diagnostic software and a connector?

Thanks

i have the autoenginuity kit. Its worth the purcahse price just to clear check engine lights. Works pretty good. Customer support is excellent. They will be the first to tell you that some mercedes stuff is proprietary and after market readers wont work.

Originally posted by sig425
    i have the autoenginuity kit. Its worth the purcahse price just to clear check engine lights. Works pretty good. Customer support is excellent. They will be the first to tell you that some mercedes stuff is proprietary and after market readers wont work.

Is your kit software? what is the price either way?

If software, Where did you get the 38 pin cable from? did you get usb or serial or a usb to serial adapter?

http://www.autoenginuity.com/
    Yes

Just tell them what you want. I got the software package with connector for usb. It reads codes, clears codes, gives real time sensor data, and a bunch of other stuff I havnt used yet.

I had some issues with a mass air flow sensor on my land rover. They helped me read the data and interpret the results for lean or rich mixture. there are other readers for a tiny bit less cash but autoenginuity has the best customer service by far. In order to get more data from a reader you would have to buy what the shops have...aldata I think its called. That requires a monthly service agreement in addition to the costy hardware package.

http://www.autoenginuity.com/
    Yes

Just tell them what you want. I got the software package with connector for usb. It reads codes, clears codes, gives real time sensor data, and a bunch of other stuff I havnt used yet.

I had some issues with a mass air flow sensor on my land rover. They helped me read the data and interpret the results for lean or rich mixture. there are other readers for a tiny bit less cash but autoenginuity has the best customer service by far. In order to get more data from a reader you would have to buy what the shops have...aldata I think its called. That requires a monthly service agreement in addition to the costy hardware package.
    Unfortunately, My car is a 1995 which has the 38 pin connector. its not ODBII. Land rover? I thought we were talking MB?

Their code reader works with any obdII car. I bought it for my rover. When I sold the rover for the benz... i checked an o2 sensor code with it and it worked fine.

I would call them anyway as they might be able to help you. They told me who I could go to, to get a reader for benz tranmission codes. Just tell them you are not OBDII but you thought they might be able to help you anyway. Who knows. Good luck.

I did speak with them and they said no luck.

just curious what year is your car and does in have the round 38 pin connector or square?

Originally posted by benzdude
    Unfortunately, My car is a 1995 which has the 38 pin connector. its not ODBII. Land rover? I thought we were talking MB?
    If I am not mistaken, 1995 did have ODBII. Look above your right knee under the dash. There should be an ODBII connector there. There is also the proprietary 36 pin MB round connector by the ECU under the hood.

my car is a 98 c43.

they (car companies) started switching cars in 95. i know BMW switched in 97 but Im not sure about benz. The obdII connection is a rectangle. Like he said. Drivers side...under the dash.

autozone still reads codes for free and there was a delete option or reset or something for the codes, so I guess ou can do it there, I read my codes there
    97 C280 RIP 09-14-07 killed by a reckless rice rocket jetta (I just try and remember the good times)

***C43***

Clear Corners, ss oil filter, avantgrade grill, sport pedals, clk door pins

My 94 C280 is OBDII compliant.

Originally posted by mbsickness
    My 94 C280 is OBDII compliant.
    Same here. Some autoshops don't believe me until they plug it in and it shows up with codes.

Martin

2012 535i
    2005 545i - Retired
    1994 C280 - Retired

Talking

I found the other connector under the dash! thanks guys.

My 95 c280 is obd II compliant.

ODB = ol dirty bastard

does the autoenginuity software reset SRS lights?

Originally posted by benzdude
    does the autoenginuity software reset SRS lights?
    The only thing that will do that is Mercedes STAR ( or a clone ) which attaches to the round 36 pin connector under the hood. Way too expensive for an individual. We're talking $1000's.

yup. It read current codes as well as stored codes. It cleans them all. It also reads all sensor data and does a lot of other stuff I have not used yet.