Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally.... I ordered my CRYSTAL CLEAR HEADLAMPS.

the only picture I've ever found with these lights on a c-class is below, I personally think they are over-priced for Taiwan produced stuff.

There is no German light manufacturer making them currently, I would prefer to purchase lights from FK, MTS, in-pro as I know the quality is excellent.

I also prefer the headlights that are black inside, I've seen some in Germany, but again they are expensive for what they are, I will be painting the inside of mine black in the next week, will update you on the results.

Here's a pic of the factory-style black painted ones.

Oh, and here's a pic below of the crystal clear M3 style rear lights, not that great imho, not convinced again.

i am still waiting on someone to make the bi xenon projector headlights for the W202
    2000 W202 C230K SE (Sold)
    2007 W203 C230

Originally posted by sanf
    i am still waiting on someone to make the bi xenon projector headlights for the W202
    :werd:
    I can not lose, because even in defeat there is a valuable lesson learned so it evens it up for me

Talking mount the lights and take a pic :)

some1 should post a pic of the crystal lights actualy mounted on the car with zenon lights on, i wanna c how they look like

wow! i dont undrstand whats takeing it so long for some one to put these on there car and take some pics?? i would had done this mod a long time ago, but i got brand new lens allready so thats why im not geting them!

Originally posted by jstrat85
    wow! i dont undrstand whats takeing it so long for some one to put these on there car and take some pics?? i would had done this mod a long time ago, but i got brand new lens allready so thats why im not geting them!
    Do you know these cost about 15quid to manufacture, there's no way on earth I'll ever pay 160quid for them, it's daylight robbery imho.

each to their own, can you imagine what happens when a stone cracks the polycarbonate lens. you can't just buy spare lenses for them, so it's an entire new set of lights costing another 160quid.

Originally posted by david_h
    Do you know these cost about 15quid to manufacture, there's no way on earth I'll ever pay 160quid for them, it's daylight robbery imho.

each to their own, can you imagine what happens when a stone cracks the polycarbonate lens. you can't just buy spare lenses for them, so it's an entire new set of lights costing another 160quid.

Whoa, that sucks. Especially since I have no idea where to even find a quid.
    98 C230 - Black Opal

Originally posted by Beau M
    Whoa, that sucks. Especially since I have no idea where to even find a quid.
    LOL...me neither
    I can not lose, because even in defeat there is a valuable lesson learned so it evens it up for me

Originally posted by !!!!!NJ Drive
    LOL...me neither
    sorry quid = english slang for £.

apologies, think I'm one of the few UK people on here.

From the manufacture, these cost about $110 plus shipping. Manufacture cost is allot more than 15 quid, don't forget to take into account the tooling cost, upwards of $200,000 and most of the tooling is unique to one model of headlights. They need to sell a few headlights to make back their investment.

This is what I did with mine

www.2phast.com
    1993 500E, Signal Rot

Absolutely perfect except I would have painted the inner light surround black, the red is too harsh, particularly as the lamps are crystal clear.

Great job on the HID install.

Did you know you can get crystal rear lights for W124 now, they are just out in Europe, top quality as well.

Originally posted by david_h
    the only picture I've ever found with these lights on a c-class is below, I personally think they are over-priced for Taiwan produced stuff.

There is no German light manufacturer making them currently, I would prefer to purchase lights from FK, MTS, in-pro as I know the quality is excellent.

I also prefer the headlights that are black inside, I've seen some in Germany, but again they are expensive for what they are, I will be painting the inside of mine black in the next week, will update you on the results.

Here's a pic of the factory-style black painted ones.

Oh, and here's a pic below of the crystal clear M3 style rear lights, not that great imho, not convinced again.

Hello all!

Thoose are pictures of my customers car here in Sweden and I can tell you that you can never imagine how cool they look in real life compared to a picture..All customers that have not been sure about these have bought them directly when they have com in to my store and seen them..When it comes to cracking frome stones it's no difference to the original lenses like on the new MBs that are all plastic original. They can actually take a stone better than glass..
    Chris
    Mercedes Shop Sweden
    www.mercedesshopen.com

2phast very nice job on the projector lights!!!! if you can take a pic of the hole front of you car i want to see how it looks like!

I wouldn't classify any of this asian made headlights/tail lights as "high quality", thats a gross over statement.

Pictures of the full HID install are here

www.2phast.com/500e
    www.2phast.com
    1993 500E, Signal Rot

I wouldn't classify any of this asian made headlights/tail lights as "high quality", thats a gross over statement.

www.2phast.com/500e
    www.2phast.com
    1993 500E, Signal Rot

www.2phast.com/500e
    www.2phast.com
    1993 500E, Signal Rot

Spring Master
    heh 200G for tooling.... i made some wheels. and the tooling cost me around $60,000, but then to produce the wheels after, they only cost 36 cents per..

Prices quoted to me when I inquired with the manufacture about making W201 headlights, I personally have no clue what it costs.
    www.2phast.com
    1993 500E, Signal Rot

OG Moderator
    anyone still have their clear lensed headllights for W202's that they are not going to use?.. willing to sell?
    I need the lenses from the clear headlights for my headlight project.
    either anyone selling or and links to companies that do sell.
    Thanks.
    *2002 E320 4Matic Wagon* Daily
    --Not lowered—18" Alphards—Stock exhaust.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

*1999 C230K Turbo* Track Car
    --18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--