Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: difference between both 202s...

thanks but a small request b4 u delete, and that is u tell us whats the wrong info that was posted and whats right, not u neone on this forum inorder for us to get out facts adjusted
    Modified C230, Sprayed Silver Strips, Updated Grill, Tinted all round, Lowered Springs, 17inch Rimms, K&N performance Filter, Performance chip and AMG exhaust Kit, Hella bixenons with Osram Bulbs
    Just in: Pioneer sound system, 2 1000 Watt Subs, 2 Amps, and 1 Head Unit...luvin the BASS

http://www.cardomain.com/id/abuimad

If Its 2 (Good) 2 Be True...Then..Its a 202

Originally posted by Abuimad
    thanks but a small request b4 u delete, and that is u tell us whats the wrong info that was posted and whats right, not u neone on this forum inorder for us to get out facts adjusted
    how about this...instead of just deleting...for the purposes of this thread only, I'll go through each of the posts and edit them with commentary. Would that be sufficient?

I don't really see the point in repeating bad info.

going forward though, obviously, none of the mods nor I can go through every single post made on the board and play the correcting game. It also is a big time suck for people to respond to false facts. So, that's why I'm asking people to pitch in and just think before posting up stuff. "I don't know" can at least lead us to find facts. False "facts" just waste everyone's time.
    If you can thread the needle... and if your drive can lead to Pole Position today, history may hold a place for you tomorrow.

search. think. do. post.

this is more serious than i thought!
    sorry for ne misconveniance

neways, is ne1 going to give us the real differences?
    -trunk lids-------------------------------------acceptable
    -2 oxygen sensors--------------------------acceptable
    -exhaust system-----------------------------acceptable
    -vdo thing--------------------------------------wrong
    -windshield wiper-----------------------------wrong
    -switches---------------------------------------wrong
    -the thing about transmissions------------??
    -the thing about quality---------------------??
    -the thing about performance--------------??
    -thething about higher standards in us--??
    -both versions assembled in germany----??
    -car height off the ground-------------------??

pleae correct me if im wrong or developp ne of the points above if u have additional-proven- (thnx renn) infos

i still wanna ask about:
    -locking systems between both versions: i have a 97 german version and it doesn't come with a key lock on the driver door. is it the same with the us version?)

-windshield tinting: is there any difference? b/c i noticed that us version tend to be more clear and the german have a ceratin tint

-is the car weight absoloutly the same?

thnx in advance guys.

car height of the ground is to do with the car version, elegance, sport, esprit, etc.....
    performance was related to the exhaust
    both versions are assembled in germany since the MB plants in the states dont assemble 202's (its my opinion but correct me if i am wrong)
    american cars have higher specs than german is my opinion not a fact

hope this helps

and the lock thing im still confused about cause mine is 98 and it has a lock on the driver door and trunk....american spec't car..so dunno
    Modified C230, Sprayed Silver Strips, Updated Grill, Tinted all round, Lowered Springs, 17inch Rimms, K&N performance Filter, Performance chip and AMG exhaust Kit, Hella bixenons with Osram Bulbs
    Just in: Pioneer sound system, 2 1000 Watt Subs, 2 Amps, and 1 Head Unit...luvin the BASS

Two things:

1) There are no German ML's per se. European ML's are assembled in Graz, Austria. Of course, ML's destined to become AMG's are then sent to AMG in Germany.

2) Some 202's have 4 oxygen sensors, I know my C36 does. Two for each pipe, before and after the cats. I think this is true for the 280 also.

Originally posted by rollinrealbig
    yea US doesnt "make" the ML, they assemble it.

as far as german parts - yea the parts are german, but it does make a differnce when germany assembles MB and when US does.

I dont really understand it myself, but there is a difference.
    if ur car was one of the early model ML's they had alot of problems, but the same goes for any early model car, there are things that go wrong and bugs that need to be worked out, my dad got the first year ML (98 i think), things did go wrong, but once they were fixed (under warranty i might add), we never had any problems, just routine maintenence, and it ran great till we sold it in 02'

My car was built/assembled in Stuttgart, the exact same factory as all 202's.
    FYI
    Stuttgart is corporate HQ, but the W202 was built at MB's largest manufacturing facility at Sindlefingen , Germany. This is also where the Maybach is made.
    \'99 C280 Sport, Brilliant Silver w/ Xenon High Intensity headlamps/ most options

Funny thing, the company is predominately German and the official language of the company is English. Interesting.
    2011 Audi A3 2.0T Quattro S. Tronic Ti Package
    APR FMIC
    APR Stage II Software
    Carbonio Intake
    B&B Turboback Exhaust

2006 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro 6MT (Sold)
    1999 C 280 Sport (Sold)
    1995 C 280 (Sold)

its been the common trend for the rest of the world to learn english, as opposed to people in the usa learning all the others... well I also believe the euro c36 springs are shorter than us spec springs, why? I am not sure, my guess is they are cooler than we are, anywho I could be wrong so please don't kill me, I read that on this site, if its posted as lies I'll look for the info where I found it, and regards to being banned for constant posts of disinformation, I can understand the need for the ban, but you won't be able to get rid of a person if they so choose, nothing you can do to stop them from making another username, and doing whatever it is they do, moreover, if you can do an ip/isp ban that would be a bit better, however if they do not have a static ip address then they can sign off an on and change the ip and make a new name, if you have a better way let me know, I am interested.
    97 C280 RIP 09-14-07 killed by a reckless rice rocket jetta (I just try and remember the good times)

***C43***

Clear Corners, ss oil filter, avantgrade grill, sport pedals, clk door pins

C55 Charter Member
    Originally posted by davis449
    Funny thing, the company is predominately German and the official language of the company is English. Interesting.
    let's not forget who was on the winning side of WWII... Not trying to be a wise-ass. But it's a reality that the two strongest nations on the winning side of WWII speak English; and you know who was on the other side.

Furthermore, at this point in history, English has become the "defacto" if not "official" language of business ... it's what the folks from the company I work at's one-time German investors/partners, Thyssen/Krupp, told me when I felt guilty about not being able to speak German. They said not to worry, they've been learning English their whole lives; if you want to get anywhere in business, it's a requirement. (edit: perhaps I should say, at least in western/european society.)

hey now, russia took all the heavy losses in that war, not to mention that england had the crap kicked out of it, and one of the only reason it wasn't wiped out was because germany stopped bombing the crap out of its miltary and started to bomb cities like london, although great for terrifying people, not great for war..... ot I know... sry
    97 C280 RIP 09-14-07 killed by a reckless rice rocket jetta (I just try and remember the good times)

***C43***

Clear Corners, ss oil filter, avantgrade grill, sport pedals, clk door pins

C55 Charter Member
    Originally posted by Ashkan's C280
    hey now, russia took all the heavy losses in that war...[snip]
    LoL ...good points!

rollinrealbig
    WoW ... i knew i could learn things about my 202, but history lessons ? LoL

loool whats WWII got to to with nething

the reason for different ride hights and yes i am not sure about this is because there are also different specs to ride harshness....the americans like a soft ride while english and germans (european cars) like a stiff ride

i am 100 percent sure of this one (read it in 3 different magazines now topgear, whatcar, and car magazine)

and yeah english is the international language of business, but ppl are trying to learn japaneese now

lo0l i know it was gonna end up with a war....

I have a Euro 202, and compared to the US 202`s (C36)

-the ride height is lower on the Euro models, this could either be springs or spring pads

-Indicator (blinker as you guys call them) are either orange or white instead of orange AND white.

- Number plate resess is different (because of the size of the number plates)

thats all ive noticed, nothing else, switches on all your cars in the US seem to be in the same places and as some of you say, single wiper is standard too!

And as for mis-information, I think taking the thread out of context (WWII) should be banned as well!! what the hell has that got to do with this thread! RANT OVER!!
    Alps
    C36 AMG 1997 18\" Mono II, Light Smoke tints, Avantgarde grill, folding dimming 210 mirrors, H&R`s, Alpine Multimedia, Soundstream, OEM Xenons more to come.....

this is one of the most mis leading, un formative thread in a while.

FYI: The new lauguage to learn is Chinese as there technology and buisness are going to double and triple in the next decades, watch out!
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

Originally posted by Alps
    I have a Euro 202, and compared to the US 202`s (C36)

-the ride height is lower on the Euro models, this could either be springs or spring pads

-Indicator (blinker as you guys call them) are either orange or white instead of orange AND white.

- Number plate resess is different (because of the size of the number plates)

thats all ive noticed, nothing else, switches on all your cars in the US seem to be in the same places and as some of you say, single wiper is standard too!

And as for mis-information, I think taking the thread out of context (WWII) should be banned as well!! what the hell has that got to do with this thread! RANT OVER!!
    Thank you.
    If you can thread the needle... and if your drive can lead to Pole Position today, history may hold a place for you tomorrow.

search. think. do. post.

rollinrealbig
    hey I learned alot from this thread ... but what was the real question agian ?

lol
    thnx for the info i'll try to disregard opinions...if i'll know them

I can comment regarding the 1997 C36.

One minor detail which is different between the US market release and from what was made available in Germany/Europe (and maybe the rest of the world) is the fact MB NA had the interior switched from the Sport CF to the Zebrano wood interior.

I know some may dig this, as the Sport interior isn't true CF, and the wood interior is authentic wood laminate, but it doesn't really match anything in the car since everything else is grey accents with CF B Pillars!

This was a minor, but annoying, difference I found when I bought my car.

I am not certain if this was true for other MY C36s.

u meann american version c36 comes with cf interior and u hated it?

Originally posted by iced
    u meann american version c36 comes with cf interior and u hated it?
    The other way around...US C36 came with wood interior

search. think. do. post.

thnx man for clearing