Thread: Awkward Starting

Awkward Starting

well sometimes when i try to start my 99 c280 it doesnt start... might it be something to do with the fuel pump.... becasue my friend said to put it in the on position then turn the key....

thanx
    99 c280 Sport

Can you explain a little more...? How long does it take before it's able to start? Have you tried depressing the accelerator while starting?

2012 535i
    2005 545i - Retired
    1994 C280 - Retired

umm sometimes it just doesnt start.. when i turn the key but sometimes it does...
    99 c280 Sport

I recall my 1999 c280 sport doing the same thing. Lubricating the flywheel took care of the problem. The repair was covered under warrantee.

sweet thanx
    99 c280 Sport

if the car doesnts start in park, but if you shift it into neutral it does,then its the neutral safety switch that cutting it off.

nenad

Mine would start about 75% of the time. But sometimes it would act as though the battery was dead. I thought for sure that my problem had to do with the security system, or possibly a bad fuel pump. But it was the flywheel needing lubricant. My dealer said that it was a common problem with the 2.8 litre. It has started every time since then. Best of luck.

o sweet thanx.. yea im heading to the escondido dealership down her in so cal soon..
    99 c280 Sport

Originally posted by Marksc280sport
    Mine would start about 75% of the time. But sometimes it would act as though the battery was dead. I thought for sure that my problem had to do with the security system, or possibly a bad fuel pump. But it was the flywheel needing lubricant. My dealer said that it was a common problem with the 2.8 litre. It has started every time since then. Best of luck.
    Glad you posted this, I've got the same problem. Mine will do this occasionally too and I'll have to turn it completely off and then turn it back to start and hold it there for a second and wait for it to fire off and then let go.
    2011 Audi A3 2.0T Quattro S. Tronic Ti Package
    APR FMIC
    APR Stage II Software
    Carbonio Intake
    B&B Turboback Exhaust

2006 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro 6MT (Sold)
    1999 C 280 Sport (Sold)
    1995 C 280 (Sold)