Thread: how to reprogram key???

how to reprogram key???

Hello everyone, i have a 98 c280 and I don't know why, but I took out the battery on one of the keys and now it doesnt lock/unlock the doors...it will start the car fine, just hose options are disabled, but my other spare key works like it should....anyone know how to reprogram the key...I've tried clicking it twice onto the rear view mirror, putting it into the position 1, etc...didnt' seem to work...can anyone confirm on how to actually do this, I'm tired to searching through threads that give false advice, thanks.

your key comes pre-programmed from the factory. the only keys that ever have to be programmed are for the w163 ML's.

so, kinda a dumb question maybe...but are you sure you put the batteries in the right way?

Jason
    Jason

2006 BMW 525XI (Silver Gray Metallic)
    -----------------------------------------------
    1995 C280 (Smoke Silver Metallic) - 348,900 Original Miles - SOLD March 2010
    1988 Saleen Mustang - 1 Of Only 17 - 50,514 Original Miles - SOLD June 2009

lewda
    i read somewhere that you cant reprogram the keys, is this true? if so i wasted my money on Ebay....

yes that's true. any benz electrical item that needs programming must be ordered and programmed from the benz texas warehouse/plant. they do all the programmig.

Jason
    Jason

2006 BMW 525XI (Silver Gray Metallic)
    -----------------------------------------------
    1995 C280 (Smoke Silver Metallic) - 348,900 Original Miles - SOLD March 2010
    1988 Saleen Mustang - 1 Of Only 17 - 50,514 Original Miles - SOLD June 2009

well i dont know how that happened but my friend who ownes a w210 (2000) and my w202(98) both have reporgrammed keys...we both bought keys and then went to this guy to program them to our car....???
    Modified C230, Sprayed Silver Strips, Updated Grill, Tinted all round, Lowered Springs, 17inch Rimms, K&N performance Filter, Performance chip and AMG exhaust Kit, Hella bixenons with Osram Bulbs
    Just in: Pioneer sound system, 2 1000 Watt Subs, 2 Amps, and 1 Head Unit...luvin the BASS

http://www.cardomain.com/id/abuimad

If Its 2 (Good) 2 Be True...Then..Its a 202