Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pulley "upgrade"?

Pulley "upgrade"?

Hi guys!

Tell me please, what do you think about this? Seems to be not to expensive...

http://tinyurl.com/28rwej

Er,the newer model kompressors must have a 2-piece crank pully which allows different pully configurations...

this isnt possible on a W202,you would need to change the whole pully.
    >>00 C43 Black w/birch Black. Immaculate
    >>99 C43 Silver w/CLK55 package
    >>99 S202 RED 250TD Daily.
    >>89 2.6 RED w/16vkit. POS
    >>Old Turbo 2.3 History >>Old Turbo 2.3 Video

I have W202 23K, 1996.

So, you think that those guys actually doesn't telling the truth?

Im really not sure what there saying as i speak english only,
    ...do they tell you how its attached to the crank pully?....

Cheers,
    Paul
    >>00 C43 Black w/birch Black. Immaculate
    >>99 C43 Silver w/CLK55 package
    >>99 S202 RED 250TD Daily.
    >>89 2.6 RED w/16vkit. POS
    >>Old Turbo 2.3 History >>Old Turbo 2.3 Video

Hehe, I thought that you used some translator. They claim that this upgrade is for ALL kompressor (200 and 230) models.

I have to send them pictures of my engine and all needed data, it's the only way to do that right.

They offer here on a Tuningkit for all Mercedes Benz 200 and 230 compressor models with 2.0 or 2.3 litres of engines. (note! Not suitably for 1.8 litres of engines.)

The kit contains a wedge rib belt another guide roller as well as a larger crankshaft pulley. The crankshaft pulley is set and bolted on simply over series the kurbelwellenrad. By the change of translation a higher load pressure developed the increased output amounts to ca.35 HP and 40 Nm a software tuning is not contained in the kit, by these would be possible further performance increase. Since there are 2 different sizes of the kurbelwellenrades, must be notified with the purchase of the diameters of the Serienkurbelwellenrades. The same kit becomes with other manufacturers e.g. Brabus, Vaeth, etc. for approx.. 1500, -? offered!
    taking a break from teh 202 ->

those "add-on" pulleys to the crank pulley are EXTREMELY dangerous, all it takes is one mishap and that that pulley will skyrocket off the stock crank pulley and cause ALL kinds of damage. There is another one currently on ebay and they haven't sold any b/c its such a dangerous design. If you want a pulley you have to get it done right and start the design from scratch. be careful what you buy it could cause alot more damage than you think.

I have W202 23K, 1996.
    i thought 99-00 was the only 202s with the supercharger in them?
    Theres a demon in my car i tell yah....its name is KOMPRESSOR lmfao

Originally posted by omeyhomey
    those "add-on" pulleys to the crank pulley are EXTREMELY dangerous, all it takes is one mishap and that that pulley will skyrocket off the stock crank pulley and cause ALL kinds of damage. There is another one currently on ebay and they haven't sold any b/c its such a dangerous design. If you want a pulley you have to get it done right and start the design from scratch. be careful what you buy it could cause alot more damage than you think.
    good point. now, Id love to buy a pulley from YOU ... but you havnt made one for my 2.3 N/a.

white 97' C230 (sold)
    white 94' C280 (sold)
    white 98' C43 (sold)
    Tektite 03' E55 (sold)
    Black 86' Porsche 951 (sold)
    Black 98' C43 (sold)
    Emerald Black 97' C36 (current)
    Black 04' E55 (wife's current)

Tnx for the suggestions, to all of you guys. I won't buy it, for sure. Will wait for some other solution, it'll show up, I know that. :-))

Originally posted by Cru328prod
    i thought 99-00 was the only 202s with the supercharger in them?
    Well, you were wrong.

WHATTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!! DON'T MAKE ME PULL A BENZ_NEWBIE UP IN THE BITCH LMFAOOOOOOOOOOO thats odd cause i remember looking at other yrs on MSN, and it didn't say anything about a supercharger. but it did say 148 hp........that means our supercharger only makes 37 hp to get to 185

Originally posted by RemoLexi
    good point. now, Id love to buy a pulley from YOU ... but you havnt made one for my 2.3 N/a.

hehe, i know i deserve that one. But the 2.3 engine is such an anomaly. Does anyone have the NA pulley (extra one) that they could send me? I may be able to work something out

hehe, i know i deserve that one. But the 2.3 engine is such an anomaly. Does anyone have the NA pulley (extra one) that they could send me? I may be able to work something out
    Hm... I think I could find one if I am at home. I'm in Canada atm and will stay here for 2 months more. If you don't fint it, I'll try to track it and send it to you. If you can make another pulley, what about the belt?

P.S. guy who actually bought that ebay pulley told me that he feels some significant increase of torque in middle range RPMs. He didn't tell me anything about power, top speed or acceleration.

Originally posted by alphanumeric
    They offer here on a Tuningkit for all Mercedes Benz 200 and 230 compressor models with 2.0 or 2.3 litres of engines. (note! Not suitably for 1.8 litres of engines.)

The kit contains a wedge rib belt another guide roller as well as a larger crankshaft pulley. The crankshaft pulley is set and bolted on simply over series the kurbelwellenrad. By the change of translation a higher load pressure developed the increased output amounts to ca.35 HP and 40 Nm a software tuning is not contained in the kit, by these would be possible further performance increase. Since there are 2 different sizes of the kurbelwellenrades, must be notified with the purchase of the diameters of the Serienkurbelwellenrades. The same kit becomes with other manufacturers e.g. Brabus, Vaeth, etc. for approx.. 1500, -? offered!
    Could you translate this:
    "Drehmoment im mittleren Bereich spührbar besser.
    Spritverbrauch wird von mir nicht überprüft oder
    gemessen.Nachteil Abschaltpunkte am Kompressor dadurch merkbar"

That is the answer that guy who bought this upgrade told me.

If you have the stock NA crank pulley I'd love to see it, that would be much easier to do than the Kompressor ones. As far as belt is concerned you could use stock one b/c it will be same diameter.

Originally posted by grga
    Hm... I think I could find one if I am at home. I'm in Canada atm and will stay here for 2 months more. If you don't fint it, I'll try to track it and send it to you. If you can make another pulley, what about the belt?

P.S. guy who actually bought that ebay pulley told me that he feels some significant increase of torque in middle range RPMs. He didn't tell me anything about power, top speed or acceleration.

If you have the stock NA crank pulley I'd love to see it, that would be much easier to do than the Kompressor ones. As far as belt is concerned you could use stock one b/c it will be same diameter.
    Uuuuuuuuuuh, sorry m8, I totaly forgot for that "NA" word...

does this mean ..... ..... :bunny: :banana:

damnit. I wish I had an extra one .. picture wouldnt work ehh ? lol. ill see how much one costs with my employee discount.
    white 97' C230 (sold)
    white 94' C280 (sold)
    white 98' C43 (sold)
    Tektite 03' E55 (sold)
    Black 98' C43 (sold)

no, but yes this means you may be able to get one remo, but I need a stock NA pulley, pictures aren't enough b/c I need to do side by side comparisons and precise measurements.

no, but yes this means you may be able to get one remo, but I need a stock NA pulley, pictures aren't enough b/c I need to do side by side comparisons and precise measurements.
    yea I understand, you cant just take a wild guess at the measurements . ill see what the stealership price is for a new one.
    white 97' C230 (sold)
    white 94' C280 (sold)
    white 98' C43 (sold)
    Tektite 03' E55 (sold)
    Black 98' C43 (sold)

Originally posted by Cru328prod
    WHATTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!! DON'T MAKE ME PULL A BENZ_NEWBIE UP IN THE BITCH LMFAOOOOOOOOOOO thats odd cause i remember looking at other yrs on MSN, and it didn't say anything about a supercharger. but it did say 148 hp........that means our supercharger only makes 37 hp to get to 185
    actually the supercharger makes less, considering it takes like ~30hp just to spin the darn thing.

this is prolly the main reason why you want a really nice designed pulley
    taking a break from teh 202 ->

OG Moderator
    >>considering it takes like ~30hp just to spin the darn thing<<

?!?!?!?!
    1999 C230 Kompressor

lmfao wattttttttttt? i guess the only real way to find out is for someone to get it dyno'd with the pipe after the intercooler off.

Originally posted by RemoLexi
    yea I understand, you cant just take a wild guess at the measurements . ill see what the stealership price is for a new one.
    Remo, for the love of God, PLEASE get one and send to Omy. I desperately need this. Let me know how much the stock one is too maybe we can both get it.