Thread: any help is appreciated

any help is appreciated

ok a couple problems, one more major, the other pretty minor.

first, the car in question is a 2000 C230 kompressor. i've been getting quite hard 1-2 shifts and 2-1 shifts are hard and late causing me to be unable to slow to a stop smoothly. the 2-1 shift makes the car lurch forward as if it was about to stall like with a manual transmission. any thoughts. the transmission has been tampered with before because it is missing the filler neck lock.

second problem, my stock radio can't keep a strong signal. at times the signal and sound is crystal clear but most of the time, it's muffled. any suggestions?

ohh and one more thing. climate control fan is whining very loudly and the fan speed is erratic at times.(i have the fan speed set at 2 all the time, sometimes the fan blows super hard and then just slows way down)i have the knob type control not the automatic.
    2000 W202 kompressor classic

Perhaps you should first try to reset your
    ECU. Even if your tranny has been worked
    on before, resetting the ECU could help
    your first problem. If i'm not mistaken
    00 W202 have adaptive transmissions.

(sorry can't help you about your radio problem).

You're from Edmonton eh!
    I've got a house in the Terwilleger
    area (53 ave)

good luck!

Hey i have a 2000 C230K as well. I do feel the hard 2-1 shifts, it knid of pushes forward like you said. As for the radio.. Check your antenna on top of the roof. I had this same problem with the siganl going in and out so i checked the antenna and sure enough i had to replace the top part. So check it out. Hope that helps.
    2000 C23K Sport / Custom Magnaflow Exhaust / H7 6000k HIDs / Zimmerman Cross Drilled Rotors / Real CF B Pillars & CF Spoiler / Smoked LED Tails / H&R / Bilstein / V1 Radar/Laser Detector

hard shifting is normal during the warmup cycle (about 60 seconds after first start of the day).

i would do just as hvm suggested, and clear the ECU. drive it for a few days, then take it to autozone to see if there are any codes that could suggest a problem. the symptoms you described are exactly how my car was when the MAS was going bad.

the fan sounds like a failing blower motor. never replaced any HVAC on the W202 yet, or i'd be more help.

Yea i can understand the hard shifting in the warm up cycle but sometimes the down shirting feels like its to much for the car.. I never saw this as a problem but mabey it is...
    2000 C23K Sport / Custom Magnaflow Exhaust / H7 6000k HIDs / Zimmerman Cross Drilled Rotors / Real CF B Pillars & CF Spoiler / Smoked LED Tails / H&R / Bilstein / V1 Radar/Laser Detector

OG Moderator
    In addition to what others have said:

1. Clean the MAF with some CRC MAF cleaner. A bad MAF will make the transmission shift odd (among other things). Cleaning can sometime bring it back to life. If it is too far gone (and assuming it is actually the cause of your problem), then you will have to buy a new one.

2. You might want to pull/remove the radio and check to make sure the radio antenna connection is still tight and also not corroded.

3. When was the last time you changed your cabin filter? If it is clogged up, it can cause erratic behavior from the fan.

Use the search button if you are unfamiliar with any of these. They have been discussed here before.
    1999 C230 Kompressor

ok to clarify, the hard shifting last well past the warm up cycle. i can be driving around for half an hr and still have hard 1-2 and 2-1 shifts. how do i go about clearing the ecu? do i just disconnect the battery for an extended period of time?

is our antenna integrated into the rear window?

my cabin filter has been replaced last month. at that time i was already having the blower squeel issue. i tried to take it apart as much as i can and re-lubricate the parts. it worked for a couple days and the noises came back. i think it's time for a new blower motor...should i replace the blower regulator as well(btw what does the blower regulator do. it looks like a little radiator type thing. i don't understand it's function)

thanks for all the help so far!!

?bump