Thread: Possible trans upgrade

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi Russell, Your email response made it sound like things are extremely vague and that every car is different- interpreted as It's worked for some applications so with that said its a crap shoot and up to you to get it to work for your application. "A starter calibration" makes it sound very amatuer hence why I am so critical. I asked about a stand alone management system and yes you were honest it does not stand alone- there is tapping into the MB system and adjusting settings which I am not keen on doing at all if this requires any kind of intermediate experience with tuning- not my forte' (40 years hot rodding cars tells me if I have not learned it yet I will most likely never).

What puzzles me now is you say in your response that you COULD build a plug and play trans module that would have lock down shift points, then you also say you've dealt with 100-150 of these things- so do you have the experience or not to build one as you put it "locked down tune that shifts firm"? Not many variations to the 722.6 just like there are not many variations to the 4L60E. Whats so hard in making pressure shift points that are fixed like the GM guys do. If it's too firm then I could see sending it back to you to lower or even increase (if too low shift or too soft) but the line pressures would not be that great a difference with 100+ different applications of the same stock transmission.

I am not an expert in this field, I am however and expert in many other things in life and when I do sell a goods or service I am much more covered on an all inclusive package for my customers- otherwise, if I can't provide a full package then I do not deal with half a job.

Let me ask you an honest question and please give an honest answer- Out of those lets say 100 units you've sold to people around the world, How many of those were NOT successful? (that is "what my problem is" to answer your question)

Dean

edit: lets make sure we keep this in the correct tone here. I am not trying to be an ass, What I am doing here is trying to make sure I spend my hard earned money on something that works. Lets please continue this discussion with respect and please if you are coming into here selling a product then this is your opportunity to assure myself and other reading that we have the confidence to use your product. I did state I am a rookie when it comes to computer program controls on a car. I am however a professional in many aspects of motorsport including both mechanics and racing(driving)- so this is by far not my first rodeo.

So we continue here on the correct foot, Let me introduce myself. Hi I'm Dean (Im in the blue shirt)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	302689_2125702790587_917388647_n.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	82.4 KB 
ID:	3024
    Last edited by Vetruck; 05-27-2016 at 01:21 PM.

As far as being civil. I came here and joined this forum to respond to you saying some pretty awful things about me and what I do. And as far as I can tell you were simply mad that I told you upfront what the product is so you could make an intelligent decision and would know going in what you were getting involved in and that did not meet your expectations. I did not sell it to you and then say tough, that is the way it is or anything of the sort. Like I said it is not for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by SGA View Post
    As far as being civil. I came here and joined this forum to respond to you saying some pretty awful things about me and what I do. And as far as I can tell you were simply mad that I told you upfront what the product is so you could make an intelligent decision and would know going in what you were getting involved in and that did not meet your expectations. I did not sell it to you and then say tough, that is the way it is or anything of the sort. Like I said it is not for everyone.

If you read what I wrote I did not attack you. I said YOU fessed up and were honest about it from the getgo that it is not plug and play. I had a general statement to anyone following this thread about "watch who you trust in tuning" because Ive seen many people lie about experience over the years. COULD I HAVE WORDED THAT BETTER>>>YES. I am know for abrupt language in my personal life and that spills over in forums where I need to realise it is interpreted in various ways. As for selling something you have to babysit? I think it is your responsibility to give proper support and if you do not then I will not buy a product- that is both of our choices in life we will simply have to respect each others choice. Thank you for your response.

http://ofgear.dk/index.html

and like I stated in an earlier post. I'm not your guinea pig. Be your own guinea pig Russell. Once you figure out an inclusive package like OLED did, then come back and sell it. Your stuff is half ass right now. So were clear, I don;t hide behind a computer. Im the big SOB on the left and I am easily found at my home track Toyota Speedway In so Calif as well as I travel to many major tracks across the US as a professional. I will bid you caution on what you say here cowboy, I just may be in your town one day soon. Nothing I hate more in internet forums then false or misleading info and people knowingly trying to sell crap that people can not use properly. I already know who you are so I suggest you crawl back into the hole you came from and not respond here. Your next $700 trip just may be to one of my friends house somewhere in this country.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13245329_891281490981596_7149944536430775778_n.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	64.8 KB 
ID:	3031
    Last edited by Vetruck; 05-27-2016 at 11:10 PM.