Thread: Possible trans upgrade

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Yup, it will all bolt up together.

Your biggest hoop is to get in contact with someone who makes that transmission computer. They may want to know exact transmission numbers because the 722.6 came in many variants and different valve bodies, the number on the side would say 722.6XX (I can tell you exact numbers off a C36 trans, I have one around)

Overall, the 722.6 is a good transmission, when it came out in 97' it had flaws that overtime got fixed with updated parts. Buying a used one maybe a tough call because if it wasn't rebuilt, it may soon fail.

There is reputable rebuilder here in NorCal, search Peter Schmidt transmissions.

If and when you do get closer, let me know if you need any parts, as I have basically all of the automatic parts left around from a conversion (shifter, wire harness, factory tcu., flex plate ect ect. I also have a running 722.6 around but has slippage in 3rd under WOT, so it's a good core!

Quote Originally Posted by RemoLexi View Post

If and when you do get closer, let me know if you need any parts, as I have basically all of the automatic parts left around from a conversion (shifter, wire harness, factory tcu., flex plate ect ect. I also have a running 722.6 around but has slippage in 3rd under WOT, so it's a good core!
    Dearlove, Im going to contact him for details. I guess I am still hot on this idea.

Remo, your quote from above- If I can get this to work I am definitely interested in a few parts I will need. Can you tell me of the shifter bolts right into the w202 setup (basically will it just fit as the current shifter I have does)? I do not want to hack up the console or make it look Gerry rigged. Do you know if it would fit cleanly?

Also does anyone know any sources of ring and pinion gears (aftermarket ratios) for these cars. I am not finding much if anything in internet searches