Thread: Dirty tank or bad fuel pump

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    when you turn on the ignition do you hear fuel pump buzz or maybe you don't hear anything?
    if pump is buzzing pump is working.

find fuses and see what they look like?

you don't mention how many km's your car have on the clock?

Quote Originally Posted by kowalski View Post
    when you turn on the ignition do you hear fuel pump buzz or maybe you don't hear anything?
    if pump is buzzing pump is working.

find fuses and see what they look like?

you don't mention how many km's your car have on the clock?
    When I turn on the ignition, I can hear the buzzing sound. Although it's 17 years old, it's only got 118k km's. I bought it from Germany with 73k on it 4 years ago. And I myself drive 10-12k per year.

Anyway, it turned out to be the crank sensor issue. On Saturday morning I took it to a mechanic. As always in the mornings, the car started normally. He first replaced the pump relay and asked me to drive a little and see if I had the same problem again. But I asked him to check the crank sensor before I move. Because he said he had the chance to inspect the sensor outside. He asked me to wait for the engine to cool down so that he could access the sensor. Only 20 minutes later a guy asked me to move the car ahead to make space for him. I tried to start the car but car wouldn't start. That was just the time because I hadn't been able to reproduce the problem when I was at the workshop. He asked me to try to start the car again and listened to the pump and said the pump was ok. This way we opted out the case with pump relay too. Then he setup the computer scan and again asked me to start and voila. He said the problem was with the sensor. He replaced the sensor and car started.

Now, to be honest I'm still concerned because of two reasons:

1. If the sensor was bad, the why didn't he see the fault code before? I know that bad sensor drops fault code.
    2. Another guy who scanned the car before, said the only issue the scan showed was the fuel pressure.

Since Saturday, I haven't had any problem thus far. I hope that indeed was the issue, which I hope has been fixed.