Thread: red light on lights switch

red light on lights switch

noticed this since I first got the car.. the red light on the lights switch will only some times come on any idea is it normal??#

sorry just noticed i posted in the wrong place!!
    move me to repairs!!
    Standard 1999 C230K Sport
    Mileage: 120K
    Tyres: Pirelli P6000

OG Moderator
    If you are talking about the rotary dial for the headlights, the red light indicates the rear fog light is activated. The dial must be in the parking lights or full headlight position. Pull once for front fog lights to turn on but no rear fog light (no red light on the dial), pull out to the second click and then the rear fog light (there is only one!) also turns on plus then the red light on the dial illuminates.

Doug
    1999 C230 Kompressor

Originally posted by xvvvz
    If you are talking about the rotary dial
    Doug
    yep, tnx for clearing that up must of been clicking out twice with out realising.
    Standard 1999 C230K Sport
    Mileage: 120K
    Tyres: Pirelli P6000

the rear fog light is great if people are tailgating you.. just click it on for a second and the person behind you thinks you stepped on the brake since they see a big bright red light.. and you dont even have to take your foot off the gas...
    98 c230

upgraded grille
    harman kardon traffic pro

OG Moderator
    Yeah, it doesn't seem very bright at all when you are standing right at the back of the car looking down at it but when you are farther back and at the same eyel-evel as when sitting in a car the light stands out more.
    1999 C230 Kompressor