Thread: No antenna lift.

Question No antenna lift.

Sorry for the long post but it's my first here (been lurking for a while now).

Just got a 94 C220 to phase out my 84 190D.

So here's what I've done so far:
    Replace old grill with new style / Lighted door sills / Shift gate surround / Take out stupid aftermarket cd head unit and replace.
    Install 2 amps and sub and cd changers.

Next up Led tail lights, crystal headlights, brushed aluminum door lock pins and pedals, and then maybe inside the instrument cluster.

Problem I'm having is that the automatic antenna won't lift. No motor noise at all. Checked the wiring (see below). Before you start, I've check the forums and found nothing that fits, but I'm happy to be corrected.

4 pin connector on antenna motor:
    pin 1: solid brown - ground
    Checked continuity to ground and it's proper.
    pin 2: solid blue encased in its own black plastic surround. - something to do with cell phone. If anything is supposed to be on it I don't know -- suggestions?
    pin 3: purple and red - +12v constant
    Measured voltage and it's proper.
    pin 4: blue and white - +12v switched from radio
    Checked continuity back to radio and voltage +12v radio on 0V radio off, all are proper.

single pin wire connector on antenna motor to ?antenna amplifier?
    blue wire: +12V didn't measure this one yet.

Short of the antenna motor suddenly failing, I'm at a loss here.

you have done most of the work already. since there is a power supply and a trigger, I would suggest you take apart the antenna. the circuit board inside it usually gets corroded and develops cold solder. my bet is thats the problem. however, be ready to replace it.

nenad
    2002 S500
    2002 CLK430 w/ 5.5L swap
    2002 SLK32 AMG
    2003 S430 w/ 5.0L swap
    2000 ML55 AMG

I had a similar problem with my '91 190e. Purchased a used original Mercedes one off of ebay for $20 and it worked like a charm..

Don't go for the aftermarket ones, as they are "universal" and require some modding to work. Also, they don't look as good as the original.
    2000 c280 Sport
    1991 190e 2.3 (sold)

Well last night I broke down and took the antenna apart. After cleaning it up a bit, it worked.
    In my line of work we'd refer to that as CCWK.
    Better still, it continued to work even after I put it back together and reinstalled it.
    Hmmm what to do next....

Actually I think I'd better change the belt tensioner shock absorber before another 'project'.

Thanks for the input.