PDA

View Full Version : OBD2 Code P0110

kauaiC36AMG
07-20-2006, 08:52 PM
Got code reader today, hooked up and read P0110 - Intake Air Temperature Circuit Malfunction.

Anyone know what part needs to be changed? Couldn't find this in catalog. Appreciate any suggestions....

kauaiC36AMG
07-20-2006, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by kauaiC36AMG
Got code reader today, hooked up and read P0110 - Intake Air Temperature Circuit Malfunction.

Anyone know what part needs to be changed? Couldn't find this in catalog. Appreciate any suggestions....

Sorry, forgot to a search...search comments says MAF but I put in a new one....still problems.

benzaddict
07-20-2006, 09:12 PM
Sorry, forgot to a search...search comments says MAF but I put in a new one....still problems.

P0110 is for a faulty intake air temp sensor. In your '96 it is not integrated in the MAF sensor, that is from '97-present, your car has a separate sensor in the intake crossover tube on the driver's side/back side of the tube. I know you've been posting about that intake tube lately, maybe it was left unplugged?

jnenad16
07-20-2006, 11:28 PM
Yup, if you forgot to plug it back in, thats the code that wil come up.

nenad

kauaiC36AMG
07-21-2006, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by benzaddict
P0110 is for a faulty intake air temp sensor. In your '96 it is not integrated in the MAF sensor, that is from '97-present, your car has a separate sensor in the intake crossover tube on the driver's side/back side of the tube. I know you've been posting about that intake tube lately, maybe it was left unplugged?

Thanks for the info. I have a 97 C36, then it's located in the MAF sensor. Pulled out plugs last night, doesn't look bad but going to change anyway, all wires look good. Hope OMEY comes back soon, need to get that CF tube. MB Dealer in Honolulu quoted $912 for OEM replacement from Germany (couple of years ago, it was $700 looks like price will go up from now on) ..I have dealer in CA getting me a price.

Got some foil tape but don't want to put it on (might cause more damage to remove, if used for the CF mold). I love this car when it's running.

jnenad16
07-21-2006, 11:53 PM
hey, did you check with potomac german or peach street auto, they might have it. I dont have the numbers on me, but look them up online. also, call hawaii import parts here in Honolulu at 591-2882(I think thats the #), I used to order with them when I had a shop, they are very reasonable and can sometimes locate hard to find parts.

nenad

kauaiC36AMG
07-22-2006, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by jnenad16
hey, did you check with potomac german or peach street auto, they might have it. I dont have the numbers on me, but look them up online. also, call hawaii import parts here in Honolulu at 591-2882(I think thats the #), I used to order with them when I had a shop, they are very reasonable and can sometimes locate hard to find parts.

nenad

Thanks for suggestion. I got revised quotes today from MB Honolulu for $565 and CA $560 (free shipping). No local stock anywhere, part coming from Germany might take couple of weeks to get here. :bunny: Will see if this new MAF and tube will solve the problems. Changing plugs and picking up some Magnacore Wires in the meantime.

jnenad16
07-22-2006, 01:53 AM
dude, I have 2 parts special ordered from germany wainting over 3 months on one and over 2 months on the other and still no news. honolulu dealership has become terrible ever since fletcher jones took over.

nenad

Proven Guilty
07-26-2006, 06:40 AM
just a suggestion:
call LPD, there's a sticky i believe in the repairs forum. if they have the part in stock, they can probably ship it to you fedex 2day for a few extra bucks ;)

kauaiC36AMG
09-27-2006, 10:29 AM
Thanks for suggestion. I got revised quotes today from MB Honolulu for $565 and CA $560 (free shipping). No local stock anywhere, part coming from Germany might take couple of weeks to get here. :bunny: Will see if this new MAF and tube will solve the problems. Changing plugs and picking up some Magnacore Wires in the meantime.

Well you were right just got the new intake tube in after waiting 2 months. Bad news is car is still goes into limp mode after temp reaches about 60 degrees, before that it runs ok but when rev up kind of sputters somewhat.

Need help on what to check on next. The temp sensor was changed out but no change.

Any suggestions?????

Proven Guilty
09-27-2006, 11:46 AM
any change in codes now, after you've done that work?

kauaiC36AMG
09-27-2006, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Proven Guilty
any change in codes now, after you've done that work?

Does not pull any codes at all.