PDA

View Full Version : Brake rotors for a C43 AMG

202C43
07-23-2006, 06:36 PM
Hello all. I'm a new member to this forum, but a long-time Benz owner and enthusiast. Having just bought myself a '99 C43 I am now on the lookout for performance enhancements for my new toy. First up are the front brake rotors. Does anyone know of aftermarket rotors for this car (Brembo, for instance). Living in Australia means cars like these are quite rare and parts for them are hideously expensive. I'd greatly appreciate anyone's help.

therock2689
07-23-2006, 07:49 PM
I use EBC sloted and spot drilled. They work great and look good, i think. They are zinc coted so they have a goldish look to them. There is also power slot rotors, maybe brembo. Just do a search in teh forums and im sure you will come up with something
Good luck and congrats on ur purchase. Hope everything works out

Roca

Nitrogenbalance
07-24-2006, 07:04 AM
I'm 99% sure you won't find an aftermarket replacement for the C43 front rotors. I've looked for over a year. You can replace the entire brake setup including calipers/rotors. For the rotors however, your stuck with OEM AMG's at $250.00 each.

The AMG rotors are top of the line however, the C43 is highly ranked for braking as is.

Proven Guilty
07-24-2006, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Nitrogenbalance
I'm 99% sure you won't find an aftermarket replacement for the C43 front rotors. I've looked for over a year. You can replace the entire brake setup including calipers/rotors. For the rotors however, your stuck with OEM AMG's at $250.00 each.

The AMG rotors are top of the line however, the C43 is highly ranked for braking as is.

check out the setup jeff "speedybenz" has on his c43. his was custom, but i believe they were the "storm" style calipers from "thebrakeman"

http://www.thebrakeman.com/

edit: i failed to notice you were only interested in rotors. c43 stocks are pretty good as-is, but you could always go with some coated slotted for a little better performance.

i've been using axxis deluxe brake pads most recently, and i've found them to be very rotor friendly, and very very low on waste dust. they bite as good as my oem pads seemed to, but i would definately go with stop-tech braided stainless steel + teflon coated brake lines. takes the "sponge-like" feel out of the pedal for firmer, more confident stopping.

Denlasoul
07-24-2006, 09:52 AM
I agree that the brake setup is pretty good for the C43. If you want looks, I'd buy some OEM rotors and have them slotted by a brake company. I would stay away from buying OEM and having them drilled. While cross-drilled are nice, not many company have their rotors cast as cross-drilled.

I, too, have searched and feel that OEM rotors are they way to go. Unless you want to go all out with a brake kit, I'd stay OEM. You would have to be pushing major power or want great weight reduction, in order to justify a BBK kit (IMHO).

Stainless brakelines are a nice, cost-effective upgrade.

MBHustla858
07-24-2006, 12:34 PM
yea, stock c43 rotors come in at 250 a piece.... they are made by SHW in germany. i bought a pair of them for my M3 at like 125/ea.... so they figure if ur putting it on a benz they need to charge twice as much

jnolte
07-24-2006, 06:06 PM
get C32 brakes instead

tinter101
07-24-2006, 08:43 PM
Same thing for me after I got my C43. My rotor were shot anyway so after much research I bought OEM C43 rotors and had them
cross-drilled at a machine shop. They look awesome. Sorry I
don't have any current pics, I'm working on it.