PDA

View Full Version : upgrading my 99 C280 with pulley, exhaust,, and chip

Brando457
07-24-2006, 01:38 PM
Im planning on upgrading my 1999 C280 sport with a few mods.

They are an

Eisenhaus Racing Performance Exhaust

http://www.eisenhaus.com/ehdetails.php?selMake=3&selModel=3010&selSub=219&Submit.x=41&Submit.y=10&Submit=Submit

Upsolute Chip

and Im thinking about doing the evosport underdrive pulley.

I just wanted to know about what power increase to expect and if any noticeable ones doing such mods?

I was planning on doing the chip, then exhaust, then pulleys and taking the car back to upsolute to get retuned once the mods are done.

Any precautions or worries I should have?

My car is a 1999 C280 sport with almost 60K miles on it. Everything atm is factory so any suggestions would be appreciated. I've searched about each item individually, but I just wanted to see how the whole combo would fair.

Thanks in advance

Brando457
07-25-2006, 04:41 PM
no one

Proven Guilty
07-25-2006, 05:03 PM
racing exhaust is going to be noticeably louder. does this include headers + full cat-back system? keeping resonators?

upsolute chip i'd do last

underdrive pulley + exhaust i would put in the ballpark of around 10-12 rwhp. as high as 15 with the chip "out-of-the-box". if your car wasn't N/A it would have much more noticeable results. adding more lift with custom cams would make a huge difference if you're going to have the chip custom tuned, but thats around the tune of another $2000 (would add likely 20hp and as high as 35-40ft/lbs of torque).

if you go through with it all, be sure to get before/after dyno results :)

Brando457
07-25-2006, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Proven Guilty
racing exhaust is going to be noticeably louder. does this include headers + full cat-back system? keeping resonators?

upsolute chip i'd do last

underdrive pulley + exhaust i would put in the ballpark of around 10-12 rwhp. as high as 15 with the chip "out-of-the-box".

if you go through with it all, be sure to get before/after dyno results :)

Im considering buying the evosport headers to go with the underdrive pulley.

For the exhaust Im going to get the one i stated above and take it to a shop and let them work some magic on it.

So Evosport headers, exhaust, chip, and underdrive puilleys.

Zumtizzle
08-11-2006, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Brando457
Im considering buying the evosport headers to go with the underdrive pulley.

For the exhaust Im going to get the one i stated above and take it to a shop and let them work some magic on it.

So Evosport headers, exhaust, chip, and underdrive puilleys.

Who sells Euro Sport Headers? Can someone gimme a link?