PDA

View Full Version : Rim and suspension

aznw202
07-25-2006, 02:20 PM
I'm placing my orders for rims in the next few days. but the question i bet a lot of you all ask is what size would be better for my 1995 c220 mercedes. it has stock suspension, that are original and needs to be replaced and will soon be my second question in this post. I have a system is the back of my car and it lowers the back end about 1 inch. I'm wanting to get 18 x 8.5 but i dont know if there will be rubbing. has anyone exsperienced any rubbing with a stock suspension and system in the trunk. Or would i be better with 17 x 8.5.

second is i want to get a stiff suspension. been looking around on what kind i should get. Either H & R or eibach. An for shocks I'm most likely going to get bilsten (if i got the money for it, its pricey) if not ill settle for koni. what can i do or get to make my suspension stiff so my system in the trunk wont sink the back end down.

O yea.. I'm getting my exhaust put in here this week. ill post some pictures up when i get it in. Its a custom made exhaust from Evans automotive. My tech works there and he does miracles for my car. Look it up, recommended for anyone near the 614 area code. Its a tornado muffler that looks like a new c230 muffler and he wants to make it a dual from both sides but he said he had to cut some things off from the bottom to make it fit. but will be how i want it to look.

thanx,

Proven Guilty
07-25-2006, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by aznw202
I'm placing my orders for rims in the next few days. but the question i bet a lot of you all ask is what size would be better for my 1995 c220 mercedes. it has stock suspension, that are original and needs to be replaced and will soon be my second question in this post. I have a system is the back of my car and it lowers the back end about 1 inch. I'm wanting to get 18 x 8.5 but i dont know if there will be rubbing. has anyone exsperienced any rubbing with a stock suspension and system in the trunk. Or would i be better with 17 x 8.5.

second is i want to get a stiff suspension. been looking around on what kind i should get. Either H & R or eibach. An for shocks I'm most likely going to get bilsten (if i got the money for it, its pricey) if not ill settle for koni. what can i do or get to make my suspension stiff so my system in the trunk wont sink the back end down.

O yea.. I'm getting my exhaust put in here this week. ill post some pictures up when i get it in. Its a custom made exhaust from Evans automotive. My tech works there and he does miracles for my car. Look it up, recommended for anyone near the 614 area code. Its a tornado muffler that looks like a new c230 muffler and he wants to make it a dual from both sides but he said he had to cut some things off from the bottom to make it fit. but will be how i want it to look.

thanx,

you didn't research very much :p

but i'll do my best to help anyway. keep in mind, these are only my opinions, so its up to you on how heavily you decide to weigh it on your buying decisions...

rims: if you want to keep it simple, run no wider than 225 tires in the front. the rear you can go between 245-265 depending on the offset for an 8.5" rim without rubbing (245 is safest bet).

suspension: if you like it really stiff and sporty, H&R cup kit will be very stiff, and give you that "slammed" sort of look. not to mention the shocks are matched to the spring rate when they leave the factory. personally, my favorite combo is eibach pro with oem shocks for best confort (though they don't last long with the different operating spec from changing the springs). koni externally adjustable shocks pair up with the eibach springs very well if you're not going for the slammed look, and ultra-stiff suspension. (though you can change the ride feel quite a bit by adjusting them, so you may suprise yourself).

exhaust: i'm very interested to see pics and/or sound clip. it seems like the only mufflers i've liked are the eisenmann and wald (wald sounds f*cking awesome) but i dont want to drop $1100 on just the muffler alone. i looked into doing the dual exhaust myself (single pipe that splits after the resonator) but it seems like a p.i.t.a. with the tow hook on the passenger side, and i'm not keen on cutting it off since its part of the structure in the back.