PDA

View Full Version : Got new BBS RIMS

hideric
07-30-2006, 10:07 AM
Hi guys, i got a set of new 17" BBS rims,
i installed it bymyself , are there anything else i need to do with it?

sorry, this question might seem a lil newbie... but i really need osme info since i m kinda new to this:)

thanks inadvace!

irieite
07-30-2006, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by hideric
Hi guys, i got a set of new 17" BBS rims,
i installed it bymyself , are there anything else i need to do with it?

Not really sure I understand your question.. Are you asking if there's anything else that you need to do with the car or with the wheels?

The wheels are just bolt-on. However, if you're car is riding on the stock springs, the look might not be what you're after until you lower it with some aftermarket springs.

Posting some pictures of the car in question would be helpful.

hideric
07-30-2006, 10:27 AM
Coz i heard from people that you need to do some allignment or smth afterwards...

lewda
07-30-2006, 06:11 PM
it would be good to have your car aligned when you plus size, but i dont think its completly detrimental to your cars wear, although, im not completly sure about this, for i only have 16's on the car, but they might rub :banana:

irieite
07-30-2006, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by lewda
it would be good to have your car aligned when you plus size, but i dont think its completly detrimental to your cars wear, although, im not completly sure about this, for i only have 16's on the car, but they might rub :banana:

If he bought the right size tires, the circumference of the tire has not changed by plus sizing the wheel. Therefore, he should not need an alignment.

However, based upon his previous post about letting the car fall off the jack, I would not be surprised if he not only chose the incorrect tire size, but also damaged the suspension, which will definitely require an alignment once the repairs have been made.

lewda
07-31-2006, 08:18 AM
well yeah, if the tires are the same size as well as the rim, then yeah, no alignment, i was going on if they were diff

irieite
07-31-2006, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by lewda
well yeah, if the tires are the same size as well as the rim, then yeah, no alignment, i was going on if they were diff

They can be both be different without any problems. The rim and tire can both be a bigger size, so long as the tire isn't taller, you won't have any problems. For example, I changed out my 205/55/16's for 225/45/17's and they're just about the same height overall. The car doesn't know the difference.

Wheel offset is another thing to consider, as it can affect the leverage on the axle, which will not only improperly load and wear components, but change the camber angle as well.

hideric
08-01-2006, 03:06 AM
so what kind of spacer should i change if i got 17" BBS?

irieite
08-02-2006, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by hideric
so what kind of spacer should i change if i got 17" BBS?

I'm done. Anyone else got enough energy for this one? :rolleyes: