PDA

View Full Version : How to remove drivers door handle?

NEA-4311
07-31-2006, 01:06 PM
:mad: Grrrrrrr...!!! OK I know how to remove the door handles of my 202, with the allen tool through the holes etc etc.
When I try that on the drivers door, I cant pull out the lock in order to remove the rest of the handle...
Do I need to remove the door panel from this door or the whole mechanism or sth? STRANGELY, even though there is no lock on the passengers front door, the allen screw seems to be stuck and there is no way I can unscrew it. :mad:

HHHHHEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLPPPPP ME PLEASE! :bunny:

07-31-2006, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by NEA-4311
:mad: Grrrrrrr...!!! OK I know how to remove the door handles of my 202, with the allen tool through the holes etc etc.
When I try that on the drivers door, I cant pull out the lock in order to remove the rest of the handle...
Do I need to remove the door panel from this door or the whole mechanism or sth? STRANGELY, even though there is no lock on the passengers front door, the allen screw seems to be stuck and there is no way I can unscrew it. :mad:

HHHHHEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLPPPPP ME PLEASE! :bunny:

yes it's quite difficoult to dismount the driver door handle, due to the presence of the lock! I remember I've painted all the 4 door handle and I've leave installed (but out of the door!) the driver one, due to the lock!
Sorry to can't be able to help you more!

Marco

PS: as far as the pulley part number I remember your request but I can only confirm that I can't locate any part number on my pulley, as already posted in your tread a photo may help where to locate it.:) :(

strictlyspeakin
08-01-2006, 06:43 AM
There is a small allen head screw inside on the bracket you've got loosen also.