PDA

View Full Version : Air Conditioning Probler

locopr31
08-02-2006, 01:23 PM
Hi nenad:

I have a question also on the A/C. When I start my car the ac work fine. 30 seconds after the car has been running i don't get any more cold air. Can you think of anything that could be causing this.

thank you

strictlyspeakin
08-02-2006, 09:16 PM
Not nenad but I'll stab at it.

It may be the duo valve stuck open letting hot coolant into the heater core thereby negating the cool air on the condensor.

I want to know if there's a measurement you can test the duo valve to see if it's open or not.

I guess you could put your hand on the hose on the output side of valve to see if it's hot. Make any sense?

jnenad16
08-03-2006, 01:22 AM
that would be my guess too, but if it only takes about 30sec for it to warm up, I dont think its the duo valve, you might be looking at a bad expansion valve. cant tell you more without testing the car myself. the best way to diagnose any ac problems is to connect the ac gauges and observe the temperatures and system pressure while the ac is operating. if you know how to read them, the gauges will tell you just about everything thats going on with the ac.

nenad

NickDellhall
08-04-2006, 08:05 AM
Also see if your external / front fans are running. I had a similar problem before and it was the fan's wiring harness.