PDA

View Full Version : should I upgrade the taillights?

OCKlasse
08-06-2006, 05:03 PM
I am in such a dilemma...I currently have the 98+ smoked taillights, but I think I want something different. I was thinking about taking some taillights like these:

http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sell/SSProfiles/60000222/Images/1/ALT-KS-MBW202-LED.jpg

and bringing them to a paintshop to have them painted candy red, ...thereby eliminating any of the clear area...anyone like this idea? Or should I just keep my stock tails and call it a day?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v373/trefiveincognito/C230/July%2006/DSC06108.jpg

1995c280
08-06-2006, 05:19 PM
OCKlasse, honestly since you have a smoke silver car (702) like me i would stick with the OEM smoked tailights. i think it looks so much better IMO. i wish i had ur tailights instead of the early (pre-facelift) tailights. but if your heart is set on getting some red LED tailights light then who am i to tell u not too, but if you should go this route...hit me up with a PM at the time with a price and maybe i'll take the OEM smoke lights off your hands, LOL!

p.s. what did u end up doin with the slk55 wheels after you put the new ones on?

Jason

Pagz
08-06-2006, 06:33 PM
hey,
i think stay with the smoke items and call a day,your choice though!;)

alphanumeric
08-06-2006, 06:38 PM
I dont understand why aftermarket tail lights are so ugly looking.. is it that hard to design something that has a clean look to it?

rollinrealbig
08-06-2006, 08:13 PM
I like the LED ones ... like Jstrat has.

other then the LED ones id stay with my OEM smoked ones.

OCKlasse
08-06-2006, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by rollinrealbig
I like the LED ones ... like Jstrat has.

other then the LED ones id stay with my OEM smoked ones.

The thing is...I don't have a black car...so that black ring around his lights would look awefully weird on my car..

DRM
08-06-2006, 10:32 PM
i hate those tail lights and candy painting that white strip might fuck them up more

however these are easily the best aftermarket tail lights, dont look as cheap and asian as the rest.

same as updated smoked tail lights but they are 'crystal'

http://directshoponline.com/image/t-mb202-9500-ym.jpg

yusuke280
08-07-2006, 03:51 AM
stop ricing the car up by buying these totally fugly tails

matt09
08-07-2006, 11:59 AM
Two thumbs up for the latter tail lights.

rollinrealbig
08-07-2006, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by OCKlasse
The thing is...I don't have a black car...so that black ring around his lights would look awefully weird on my car..

yea thats true. im the other way around though - I think it adds contrast, besides that I have tinted rear tails, CF spoiler, smoked corners and headlight "eyeliner" all on a white w202.

Polestar
08-08-2006, 09:06 AM
I say no. Obviously it's a matter of taste, but for me they don't fit the classic look of the W202.

SLAMMED_C
08-08-2006, 02:41 PM
what about getting the LED ones.. and having them sprayed with very thinned out 744 silver to tint them body colour?

nzbadboy
08-09-2006, 04:04 PM
I think u just looking for an excuse to do sumthing else on your car...lol BUT DONT GO CHANGING THE LIGHTS!!!!
It just makes the car look abit cheaper and at the moment (as i sed in the mbworld.ogr site) you merc is one of the neatest ones iv seen!!!!! maybe go play around with aftermarket exhaust or something lol

DONT touch the look mate, its a CLEAR TIDY LOOK!!!! PRICELESS

well thats my 2cents worth

OCKlasse
08-09-2006, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by nzbadboy
I think u just looking for an excuse to do sumthing else on your car...lol BUT DONT GO CHANGING THE LIGHTS!!!!
It just makes the car look abit cheaper and at the moment (as i sed in the mbworld.ogr site) you merc is one of the neatest ones iv seen!!!!! maybe go play around with aftermarket exhaust or something lol

DONT touch the look mate, its a CLEAR TIDY LOOK!!!! PRICELESS

well thats my 2cents worth

I think this thread made my decision clear to keep the taillights the way they are and just keep saving up for an Eisenmann :D and my suede headliner, pillars which is coming soon :cool:

Skooter_NB
08-10-2006, 06:44 AM
I agree to keep the smoke tailights... are those DIY or did you buy them?