PDA

View Full Version : Changing Fuel Filter

benzonline
08-10-2006, 04:20 AM
I have purchased a new fuel filter part for my C230K as it needs to be changed soon at the current mileage it has, but is it a easy DIY? Im not sure where its located in the back of the car if someone can just point it out, aswell how to remove it.

Thanks

coolin
08-10-2006, 10:36 AM
I believe it is visible from under the car.

Denlasoul
08-10-2006, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by benzonline
I have purchased a new fuel filter part for my C230K as it needs to be changed soon at the current mileage it has, but is it a easy DIY? Im not sure where its located in the back of the car if someone can just point it out, aswell how to remove it.

Thanks

Its on the passenger rear side, right before the rear wheel. If you look underneath (especially from the back bumper, you will be able to see it). There is a plastic cover that protects the bottom, and you will be able to see the filter as it is exposed.

You'll need some sort of clamping device to clamp the rubber hoses while you remove the filter. Also keep a container handy to catch the gas you will spill.

Not that difficult to do, but can be a PITA.

benzonline
08-10-2006, 12:17 PM

benzonline
08-10-2006, 12:18 PM
Thanks guys, I will attempt it this weekend! Also, what should I notice with the new filter in terms of performance of the car.

Denlasoul
08-10-2006, 12:22 PM
Idle will be a little smoother. Thats all I noticed.

coolin
08-10-2006, 01:20 PM
I just removed mine all together.

I believe in maximum performance.