PDA

View Full Version : got a problem guys..

BBB DRAGZ
08-18-2006, 09:52 PM
hi guys today i was planning to paint my cluster needles red on the 202 but finding it difficult to remover the needles i decided to give up before i snap them.

anyways after reinstalling the gauge cluster back in the car i was turning the car on and off a few times because the rpm needle didnt sit right so i was playing around with it to get it to '0'.

now i tryed turning on the car later on and the car wont start. i can hear the fuel pump going but i check for spark and the car isnt getting any. no spark.

the car is also starting to smell like rotten eggs each time i keep trying to crank it over.

could i have done something wrong by removing the gauge cluster? i dont think that would cause the car not to start?

any help would be much appreciated

dragz

BBB DRAGZ
08-18-2006, 10:39 PM
its ok figured it out. just battery. mods can delete this thread. :)

NEA-4311
08-18-2006, 11:06 PM
btw if you really want to remove your needles you just have to force them to turn clockwise or anti-clockwise and you will remove them no problem. You wont even have to force them at all. They will come off easy. :)

BBB DRAGZ
08-19-2006, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by NEA-4311
btw if you really want to remove your needles you just have to force them to turn clockwise or anti-clockwise and you will remove them no problem. You wont even have to force them at all. They will come off easy. :)

how do u mean? wont that stuff the settings? u mean hold the metal rod with something then twist the actual plastic part of the needle left and right? looks very hard to get a hold of the rod from what i could see.

can u explain a bit better? :)

NEA-4311
08-19-2006, 12:44 AM
Sure, rotate the needle with your finger clockwise until it stops, then force it a BIT more while pulling it out in an unscrewing motion and it will come out easily. You also got a PM. ;)