PDA

View Full Version : Check Engine light

kjf1234
08-21-2006, 12:33 PM
Hey Guys ,

Question my check engine light came on and has been on for a while now ... the care runs fine however when the car is warm it runs great and after about 60 to 80 kms the light will go off however early mornings or if i have not driven the car for a while mostly when the engine is cold its jump a lot from first to second and during acceleration not sure what i should look at . please help

kinda worried i have taken the car in to the dealership a few time and they stil lhave not fixed it anyone having the same issues

JRE320
08-21-2006, 02:38 PM
Dealership should recognize the problem with your car.
There's something wrong with your dealership or is it a stealership that you go to.

NEA-4311
08-21-2006, 04:03 PM
Ctalysator maybe??? Just a guess as many cars use the same light for both hazards.

money-one
08-21-2006, 05:33 PM
When you took it to the dealer did they give you a print out of the codes???? If the Check engine light came something should have been left behind in the memory of the ECU.

Proven Guilty
08-21-2006, 08:58 PM
sounds like the early stages of a failing MAF. if you're after 65k miles, it's due :)

kjf1234
08-22-2006, 01:08 PM
Thanks for all the input it is a dealership i took it took there was a print out will post the codes up that i got back from them . I did replace the MAF that was the first thing i did along with the air filter did the oil change etc.

the crazy part is that some days the car runs perfectly especially when it is really hot outside . on cooler day if i warm the car up it run good if i dont and just jump in and go its jumps a lot