PDA

View Full Version : H&R Cup Kit...looking for specifics

mebri
08-22-2006, 10:04 AM
H&R Cup Kit just arrived at my house today. Ive been asking questions about them before but now I'm looking for some specifics. I am getting them installed at a shop so basically I have one shot to guess at getting the ride height correct. So basically I'm trying to find out if I should bring different spring pads to the shop and have them put on with the suspension, or keep the stock ones on.
Its a 2000 c280 sport w/ 18" staggered monoblocks

Denlasoul
08-22-2006, 10:21 AM
You need to know what pads you currently have in order to make an appropriate decision.

You could have any pad combination as there was no set standard for each car that came off the assembly line.

JRE320
08-22-2006, 11:32 AM
If I were you, you should bring #2 pad all around and you'll be satisfied. ;)

Dubbin'
08-23-2006, 07:30 PM
If you keep your stock pads in there your right front tire will rub against the fender.. Depending on the width of your front wheel. But.. I would keep them in anyways. Because it looks freggin sweet siting that low.

1995c280
08-23-2006, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Dubbin'
If you keep your stock pads in there your right front tire will rub against the fender.. Depending on the width of your front wheel. But.. I would keep them in anyways. Because it looks freggin sweet siting that low.

not always true cuz he could have a really thick (high) spring pad that was stock in the front. no way to tell unless gettin under the car and seeing what it's got.

i'd go with JRE320 and #2's all around since were talking bout a cup-kit. #1's could be excessivly low unless that is really what you desire!

Jason

mebri
08-24-2006, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by 1995c280
not always true cuz he could have a really thick (high) spring pad that was stock in the front. no way to tell unless gettin under the car and seeing what it's got.

i'd go with JRE320 and #2's all around since were talking bout a cup-kit. #1's could be excessivly low unless that is really what you desire!

Jason

Thanks for the replies. I think I will pick up some #2's and drop it off with the suspension. Hopefully it will turn out good! :D

Denlasoul
08-24-2006, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by mebri
Thanks for the replies. I think I will pick up some #2's and drop it off with the suspension. Hopefully it will turn out good! :D
You should make sure you dont already have some #2's or it would be a waste to get new ones. :confused: :rolleyes:

mebri
08-24-2006, 09:46 AM
yeah i guess that would make sense :o