PDA

View Full Version : power windows not working.

benzdude
08-26-2006, 10:47 AM
:confused: I just gave my car a new mas and it thanked me by making the passenger side front and driver side rear windows stop working.

(Yesterday, the mercedes emblem fell off my shifter.) :o

Anywayz, Some questions:

1. Are all of the power windows on the same fuse? I only found one power window fuse? Are there any others?

2.when I press the power window button, (one of the malfunctioning windows) I hear a clicking near the bad of the car. (like a relay). whats doing that?

3. Where is the window controller or regulator? Are they the same thing? Is there one per window?

money-one
08-26-2006, 02:59 PM
when you operate the window switch at the driver rear
door are you hearing the click in the door itself ?????
Their is a possibility that it's the window regulator that failed.
Their not fused together with the MAF

97C28O
08-26-2006, 04:41 PM
Hmm... Don't want to start a new thread on power windows because this happen to me today. My passenger rear window switch will not roll down the window but when i controll it through the front control console it rolls down. And no.. the children safety switch is not on. Could it be the switch?

benzdude
08-26-2006, 04:52 PM
Bad of the car? lol. Sorry, I meant "back" of the car. :o

After looking a some diagrams I believe that the clicking sound is the "convenience" relay in the trunk. (normal stuff).

I pulled the power window fuses (in the trunk), waited a few seconds, and then put them back in and now the rear window works again! The front passenger window is still not working, but I think the motor just needs a good lube.

heres some good reading:

w202 - installing electric power windows (http://www.geocities.com/kd0b100011/Install_electric_power_windows.pdf)

benzdude
08-26-2006, 04:54 PM
97C28O you are lucky, if the window works, then it must be the switch or the wiring in the door.

benzdude
08-28-2006, 10:51 AM
strange, the rear drivers side wasnt working on sunday, But today it works. :mad: