PDA

View Full Version : convenience control module

plck2
08-30-2006, 03:00 PM
Would this unit cause malfunctioning accessories?

jnenad16
08-30-2006, 07:44 PM
could you explain your case a bit more? also, always post the year and model of your car.

nenad

plck2
08-31-2006, 08:10 AM
99 c230.My windows and wipers wwill not operate correctly.and after looking over this sight and found useful info.I was looking at how to install electric windows and looked over the schematic and saw a few parts that could be the culprit.Gonna charge up the battery first.The "STEALER" wants 1600$$ for the fix says its for a switch ,eis,2 keys.Everything was working fine one night.

Sulaco
08-31-2006, 12:00 PM
The "convenience control module" on my 94 C280 was a black box with 40 or so cables connected to it mounted next to the battery in the trunk. Mine got wet from a leaky trunk and my windows stopped working completely. I took it out, cleaned it completely with quick drying elec. parts cleaner and used a fine tip wire brush to clean all contacts and all points. Had to reassemble the enormous wiring harness that plugs into it.

Now my windows work, but I can never, ever get the auto-up/down feature to work again.

Before anyone screams at me: no, the reset function does not work. Holding the switches and etc. does nothing. I think I just fried something on the module and I'm lucky they even roll up/down now.

Also lost the ability to roll windows/sunroof up/down with the key in the driver's door.

plck2
08-31-2006, 06:08 PM
well this is my gal's car and I'm kickin' out quite a bit for repairs lately.I'm a good Honda/acura mechanic but my gal's benz is different.Gonna try and give her a pristine acura why I get the c230 repaired.I like the brabus kit for it.But first gotta find out why switches work on occassion and 90% they don't.On the Acura forums 97% of your problems can be forum answered.Thanks for your help gonna try and wire brush grounds and key electrical components for continuity later and keep posting gallery pictures.

1995c280
08-31-2006, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Sulaco
Now my windows work, but I can never, ever get the auto-up/down feature to work again.

Before anyone screams at me: no, the reset function does not work. Holding the switches and etc. does nothing. I think I just fried something on the module and I'm lucky they even roll up/down now.

Also lost the ability to roll windows/sunroof up/down with the key in the driver's door.

well there is no reset function for your windows on a 94' because they only have "auto down". the windows are "manual up". press the button slightly for manual down and then all the way for auto and see if you can feel the window button making contact (clicking noise) with the second microswitch. normally the switches go bad after time and alota use. not too expensive to replace either!

Jason

plck2
08-31-2006, 08:17 PM
yeah but one switch won't cause several accessories to stop working

Sulaco
08-31-2006, 09:59 PM
I knew there was no way I was going to say that without someone posting a counterpoint.

The switches work just fine. One day, windows stop working. Clean control module. Windows work then, but no auto-down feature. Reset function doesn't work.

bobrooney
09-23-2006, 12:13 PM
What do I have to press for this "reset" feature to work?