PDA

View Full Version : time to change tires?

IamJanuar
08-30-2006, 11:19 PM
I was detailing my wheels 2 days ago and found that the tires are much thinner in the inner side. Rotation time! But, another thing I noticed is that there are a couple of lines of fiber exposed along inner side of the tires. Did I miss rotation period? Time to change tires....

Renn 208
08-30-2006, 11:25 PM
yep, if you're down to the cords...it's game over- even if you've got lots of tread on the rest of the tire. Time for new tires.

irieite
08-31-2006, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by IamJanuar
I was detailing my wheels 2 days ago and found that the tires are much thinner in the inner side. Rotation time! But, another thing I noticed is that there are a couple of lines of fiber exposed along inner side of the tires. Did I miss rotation period? Time to change tires....

Sounds like a camber issue. Let me guess, your car is lowered, right? If this is the case and you haven't adjusted out the negative camber that comes with doing that, you will be prematurely eating up tires.

NEA-4311
08-31-2006, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by irieite
Sounds like a camber issue. Let me guess, your car is lowered, right? If this is the case and you haven't adjusted out the negative camber that comes with doing that, you will be prematurely eating up tires.

True, and you better check it out asap.