PDA

View Full Version : Car Care

benzofanatic
08-31-2006, 11:35 PM
We all know there are thousands of car care products out there and it is hard to choose which is best for your car's pait. so i thought it would be good to see what you all use to keep your mercedes paint like new.

matt09
09-01-2006, 06:00 AM
:bored: Someone just made a HUGE ASS dent on my rear quarter panel yesterday... They ripped the paint off...

You made me remember that painful incident...
Whoever did it shall burn in hell!

davis449
09-01-2006, 06:30 AM
When it comes to exterior. I usually wax it either with Meguiar's NXT Quick Wax or NXT regular wax about every month. I clay it with Zaino Bros. clay bar about every 6 months and use about two coats of wax.

benzonline
09-01-2006, 07:55 AM
Is it vital to clay ?

Renn 208
09-01-2006, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by benzonline
Is it vital to clay ?

Only if you have pollution/pollen/gunk sticking to your car. The best way to find out is by running your finger along the paint. If it's smooth as glass, you're good to go. If it's rough like sandpaper, clay would do it some good.

It's not an every-wash type of product.

Silver202
09-01-2006, 11:28 AM
To wash I use Meguiars Gold class car wash shampoo/conditioner, as far as wax goes I use either Meguiars NXT Tech wax, or Meguiars Gold class. After a harsh winter in the spring time I use a 3 step Meguiars system.

jnenad16
09-01-2006, 12:42 PM
I use mystique from mark V to remove oxidation and clean/prep the paint, then I use either mothers non cleaner wax or zymol. as for perrenial protection, again I start off with mystique(best damn polish/compound on the planet!), then I do a good coat of glare paint sealant(best damn sealant on the planet!), and then I do a good coat of wax. when I say good coat I mean I really work it in with a polisher.

nenad

black96benz
09-02-2006, 01:19 PM
Meguiars!!!!! Inside and out!!

benzofanatic
09-03-2006, 09:42 PM
sorry to bring back that memory matt09, im sure most of us have been though that to.

ya i use the meguiars shampoo, and menzerna wheel cleaner and i just ordered their compound,glaze,polish and wax (apparently menzerna is used in the mercedes factory)