PDA

View Full Version : Sadness of the 202

Brando457
09-04-2006, 08:03 AM
So last night in Clifton, NJ for any east coasters I parked my car outside of my friend's house for some Madden 07. While inside some asshole decided he wanted to back up into my car and then run. So right now I am looking at a new bumper, hood, and radiator support.

I'll probably just do stock bumpers since my dad works for benz, if not here comes rieger. As far as hood I have no idea, but we'll see.

This is more or less a rant because I am just so pissed off that a car I havn''t even had for 3 months gets HIT.

I wish I knew who did it and could serve them some 202 justice.

So R.I.P for now my Foxy Baby Silver 99 C280 Sport :(

1SIKBNZ
09-04-2006, 08:10 AM
The other day i was parked in a parking garage and some shit opened his door into mine leaving a nice gof ball sized dent in my rear door! not as bad as yours by fa but still same feeing. grrrr!

97C28O
09-04-2006, 08:36 AM
hey.. similar thing happen to my car...
My dad drove it work and when he came out from work he found a dented hood, scraped bumper, license plate all messed up. It's still not fixed yet too. And yea.. it pisses you off when someone hits your car!

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c308/knvg/Problem.jpg

1SIKBNZ
09-04-2006, 08:45 AM
can anyone reccomend good bay area dent removal. mines lucky, no paint damage and shoud be able to get taken out pretty easy. so if anyone knows someone that does side work or "cash only" lemme know! thnx! =)

Brando457
09-04-2006, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by 97C28O
My dad drove it work and when he came out from work he found a dented hood, scraped bumper, license plate all messed up. It's still not fixed yet too. And yea.. it pisses you off when someone hits your car!

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c308/knvg/Problem.jpg

wow the mark on your front bumper is almost the exact same as mine. Only difference is my hood is bent alittle more on the sides where you noted

irieite
09-04-2006, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by 97C28O

Freakin' SUV drivers... :rolleyes:

BBW
09-04-2006, 12:47 PM
Gutted!

If you do get stock bumpers, makesure you get some Facelift bumpers (97+) A small mod to the bumper clamps and one will fit.

Brando457
09-04-2006, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by BBW
Gutted!

If you do get stock bumpers, makesure you get some Facelift bumpers (97+) A small mod to the bumper clamps and one will fit.

mine is a 99 so I have those bumpers already. It is going to the insurance adjustor tomorrow to get a check for the damages then straight to the body shop.

BBW
09-04-2006, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Brando457
mine is a 99 so I have those bumpers already. It is going to the insurance adjustor tomorrow to get a check for the damages then straight to the body shop.

Whoops, sorry I saw the pics on this thread and didnt read it correctly!

Brando457
09-04-2006, 05:57 PM
so the adjuster is going to look at my car tomorrow and cut me a check. THen I am taking the car to the body shop which specializes in all Mercedes. Question if I want to buy say a Rieger front bumper as opposed to just having the stock one put on would tehy most likely do that?

jstrat85
09-05-2006, 05:21 AM
IM selling my front OEM c36 amg bumper in mint condition. Its black so you wont even have to paint it. Its coming off my car so you know how I am with my car! let me know.

Brando457
09-05-2006, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by jstrat85
IM selling my front OEM c36 amg bumper in mint condition. Its black so you wont even have to paint it. Its coming off my car so you know how I am with my car! let me know.

As stated before the black car is not mine. Mine is found in the member's gallery it is a 99 C280 sport Silver. I took the car today to have the insurance company look at it and they cut me a check for $2,200 to get it all fixed. After the insurance company I took it to a body shop which deals with mainly Mercedes. Ferrar's in Montclair for any New Jersey folk. Matt the owner said that the $2,200 probably won't be enough to cover the damage so we'll see how it goes. I didn't even get a chance to see if he'll order me the Rieger front bumper so i am going to give him a call in a few.

I hope to have my car back by next week :( being with out my lovely 202 is sad and especially not having a car is even more depressing.

Freaking assholes hitting and running, I'm still bitter.

Brando457
09-17-2006, 08:01 PM
still dont have my car back, that is all

im sad