PDA

View Full Version : Decision time!

rseerden
09-06-2006, 10:35 AM
I have a 00 230k sport that is coming up on 60k and thus I have to make a decision on whether to purchase a extended warranty from Warranty Direct. I have very good results from this company on my other cars. The price on there Major care coverage runs abot $2700.00 for an extention of 37 months or up to 97k miles. a little history on the car, It was my fathers from new, he sadly died of Cancer last November and I have purchased this car from my mother at a family discount. The car has been well taken care of and now has no problems. Whatya think? is it worth it? what would guys do?

rollinrealbig
09-06-2006, 10:52 AM
so sorry about the loss of your father!

if you know the car is in great shape and maintained then I dont think you should come across any major worries. Have it taken care of and it will last you a long time!

1SIKBNZ
09-06-2006, 11:09 AM
I say definatly get it! * i also am sorry for your loss

alphanumeric
09-06-2006, 11:55 AM
if you have the money to just throw away on something like that.. then go ahead.. its a luxury that I can only wish to afford + I do all my own work on the car

I have the same car as you. picked it up when it had 60k miles. now it has 95,000 miles 1 year later. the only thing that has fouled was the typical MAF sensor which ran me $300 online and installed by myself.

roughpastels
09-06-2006, 05:23 PM
sorry for your loss as well...

that price seems a bit steep to me. i feel like i've seen decent plans for around the $1500 point. good luck!

jnenad16
09-06-2006, 06:54 PM
I personally dont like the "aftermarket" extended warranties because they will only pay for the fraction of the repair, and second, from a shop's point of view, they are a bitch to deal with. they almost always want to screw a shop over by not sending them a payment, or if they give their card number for you to run through the card machine, most of the times they put a stop on it and the shop automatically loses that money, regardless of whose fault it is.

nenad