PDA

View Full Version : straight pipes

lewda
09-07-2006, 07:30 PM
ok, i did some searching for straight pipes and only found what people thought and how they liked it on theyre C36's or 43's. So has any one done straight pipes on a C230K? had any problems with O2 sensor's? how did it sound? too loud, too crappy? did you get rid of everything down to the exhaust? im very interested? i have all the tools to do the mod, have a welder at home, and at the university. Let me know!!! :D

1995c280
09-07-2006, 07:47 PM
on any mercedes u can delete the resonator if that's what your talking about. cuz it's located after the cat's so there's no effect on o2's or check engine lights. on the C43's you can actually delete the rear cats that run side-by-side because there is no o2 after them. it's located before them. my co-worker has a C43/55 conversion with rear cat deletes and a eisenmann exhaust (no resonator) and it's sounds awesome!

check under you car to see where the cats and o2's are placed. anything after the last o2 can be taken out with no bad performance effects. it will only create better flow and breathing.

Jason

lewda
09-07-2006, 08:43 PM
yeah i have the side by side cats, i havent bothered to check where the O2's are...will check tomorrow, or try at least