PDA

View Full Version : Something many of you have been looking for...

rman
09-11-2006, 06:50 PM
well, i have been looking for the LED tail lights for about a week now, no luck. I mean, there are sites with them for $250-$280, but I haven't seen them on ebay for awhile now...

...anyhoo, in my search, i found some all red LED tails (NO BLACK BORDER)

http://www.orange-tuning.com/shop/fk-mb-cclass-w202-led-tail-lightset-red-p-8754.html?osCsid=3d79f3bff2c0b8cbb35fbe20966cdfa8
http://www.orange-tuning.com/shop/images/FKRLXLMB005.jpg

i'm looking for the ones with the black border

NEA-4311
09-11-2006, 08:46 PM
I dont see any reason for you to look for those with the black border unless offcourse you have a black 202. These look nice.

solodough
09-11-2006, 09:45 PM
buy those and i'll trade you for the ones with the black edges (?)

rman
09-12-2006, 05:25 AM
well, i went to see if i could order them, and there isn't a country option for U.S.

nea - yes, my 202 is black, and i like the rounded look it gives the rear end. although i was going to put a medium smoke on it.

solo - sorry bud, can't order them. Want to sell me yours anyways?

Goldeni245
09-12-2006, 06:18 PM
Those actually look pretty good, i might wanna get a pair for my aging 202 to update its look a little bit :) keep us informed, thanks.

solodough
09-12-2006, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by rman
well, i went to see if i could order them, and there isn't a country option for U.S.

nea - yes, my 202 is black, and i like the rounded look it gives the rear end. although i was going to put a medium smoke on it.

solo - sorry bud, can't order them. Want to sell me yours anyways?

too bad - there's no substitute for LEDs imho

rman
09-12-2006, 08:40 PM
i ended up getting the other LEDs....the red/clear ones that are kinda rice. I'm either gonna smoke them as soon as i get them via VHT, or have them professionally done at the local body shop.

I work right across from a body shop and we are constantly doing them favors (tranny flush, a/c evac, etc) so I don't see getting them smoked as tooo much of a problem.

http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sell/SSProfiles/60000222/Images/1/ALT-KS-MBW202-LED.jpg

NEA-4311
09-13-2006, 02:40 PM
These are NOT rice, they are incredibile. Once you got them I hope you checked davi_h's thread in members gallery, He has the same LED clusters as you and he painted the middle red as well. Im drooling..! PLEEEEASE DO THE SAME!!!:bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

Proven Guilty
09-13-2006, 04:12 PM
@rman - can you get me a deal on bodywork? I live in oceanside, and work in San Diego

my car is hurtin' from an accident back in March when I was still living in Detroit and commuting for Chicago for 3 weeks at a time for a robotics job. the drive sucked, but having some jackass crash into my car and never getting the work finished in time before moving back out to cali is 10x worse!

rman
09-13-2006, 06:06 PM
NEA-4311 - i plan on smoking them since my car is black. Maybe get the center part red, then tinting the whole thing? i dunno, we'll see. ***
Actually, now i remember the car you are talking about. Not sure i like it all red, it's not a bad look, but it's not really...."me"

also...i really like how the bottom strip is LED also, the parking/fog are.

Proven - i'll ask. I haven't been at my shop very long, so I haven't really developed a good relationship with them yet. But the guys at my shop are in pretty good with them.

It's not exactly cheap, they do AWESOME quality work. It's Chapparone in kearny mesa. They just finished up a Bently on monday or tuesday....brand new Bently and the owner wanted a repaint because of a rock chip.
I'll be able to work a deal, but gotta let you know that it's not going to be a homie hoookup player discount.

Now....about those rims and wald kit......lol

Proven Guilty
09-13-2006, 07:49 PM
NEA-4311 - i plan on smoking them since my car is black. Maybe get the center part red, then tinting the whole thing? i dunno, we'll see. ***
Actually, now i remember the car you are talking about. Not sure i like it all red, it's not a bad look, but it's not really...."me"

also...i really like how the bottom strip is LED also, the parking/fog are.

Proven - i'll ask. I haven't been at my shop very long, so I haven't really developed a good relationship with them yet. But the guys at my shop are in pretty good with them.

It's not exactly cheap, they do AWESOME quality work. It's Chapparone in kearny mesa. They just finished up a Bently on monday or tuesday....brand new Bently and the owner wanted a repaint because of a rock chip.
I'll be able to work a deal, but gotta let you know that it's not going to be a homie hoookup player discount.

Now....about those rims and wald kit......lol

haha, MAN cuttin meh DEEP :D

the wald kit is actually on the car right now.. well "sorta".

i bolted the ront and rear bumpers on to make it legal, i was gettin some strange stares from the cops with nothing on. the side skirts are just chillin in the garage, and my old stock wheels i have on now are so just so damn sorry lookin' from that single winter in michigan. all of the chrome is peeling, and it's pitted up beyond repair. my car makes me so frustrated sometimes!

i don't necessarily need the homie super bro player deal of the century hookup, but i'm looking for a reputable shop that can do my car the "right" way. if i only had an extra week of time before i had to move back for this job i'm currently working at, then my car *would* have been finished.

ah well, c`est la vie!

on a side note; if you talk to them you should suggest using their shop as a sponsorship. if you were looking to get a wald kit, i can get you a killer deal if they could hook us up with bodywork - then if/when we hit car shows and such, just put some vinyl up to represent their shop for all the work they did on our cars. i've been looking for that for a while now ;)

Abuimad
09-13-2006, 09:58 PM
man get them and smoke em black, thats what im doing when i get my car, i found the black led lights with dark gunmetal silver inside...so im going to buy those and add some tints to it to suit the car

rman
09-14-2006, 05:41 AM
Proven - send me pics of your car so I can at least have some idea of the damage and i'm not going up to the guys at the body shop saying "how much to fix a damaged vehicle?" lol.

my gmail addy is armand.ceniza
the second part would be @gmail.com

Abuimad - that's the plan buddy....that's the plan :cool:

EveryDayHustlin
09-17-2006, 12:11 PM
Heres some I ran across, would probably look better smoked.

http://www.procarparts.com/store-detail.asp?sku=MB95CC%2D11392ATX&dbname=onlinestoreDB

Proven Guilty
09-17-2006, 12:53 PM
Proven - send me pics of your car so I can at least have some idea of the damage and i'm not going up to the guys at the body shop saying "how much to fix a damaged vehicle?" lol.

my gmail addy is armand.ceniza
the second part would be @gmail.com

Abuimad - that's the plan buddy....that's the plan :cool:

maybe i should just swing it by the shop. your work has a lift and such right? might be easier to just throw you some loot to help me out with all my suspension work. i'm going to completely overhaul it, LCA bushings, ball joints, tie rods and centerlink, steering shock etc

rman
09-17-2006, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Proven Guilty
maybe i should just swing it by the shop. your work has a lift and such right? might be easier to just throw you some loot to help me out with all my suspension work. i'm going to completely overhaul it, LCA bushings, ball joints, tie rods and centerlink, steering shock etc

ahhhh.....well, seeing as the company is fucking with me, and the regional and president are lying to me, i'm quitting monday. Calling the state labor commissioner to find out my rights/entitlements, then demanding a final check and walking out.

Sucks dude, i just started getting all the local hookups too, and having a job with a lift was bad fuckin' ass.