PDA

View Full Version : AT Italias on a White 202

K_Sport Driver
09-14-2006, 11:23 PM
Ok, THIS is an opinion thread. I'm considering getting these, as I'm on a budget.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2822944

i would fix them, and yes, i realise that will be about $80-100/wheel, and it's getting to be winter, so they won't go on until the spring time anyway. Thinking about painting the centres gold and refinishing the polished lip. thoughts?

Denlasoul
09-15-2006, 06:03 AM
Ehhh. For the price of $300 plus shipping plus $100/wheel to fix, you may be better off getting a nicer set of wheels. Maybe a slightly used set with tires?

If you don't plan on putting the wheels on till spring, you might as well wait and save money for something you may really like.

Design of the wheel is ok. You could get a better looking set for the ~$800 you are about to spend.

K_Sport Driver
09-15-2006, 07:47 AM
yeah, I'm kinda leaning towards no. I want either five spokes or mesh wheels and those are neither.

Proven Guilty
09-15-2006, 08:59 AM
for $300 go for it! put some cheap cheap tires on them, and drive as-is. don't bother getting them refinished. it'll buy you time to save up for a set you really want, and i think they would look great on your white c230k

edit: off topic - weren't you in illinois before for school? i've still got my axis milanos for sale, and my brother makes routes through that area all the time.

also, i'd still like to buy that intake off you that you had gotten from paul :D

Pagz
09-15-2006, 01:11 PM
...sombody install that thing before time destroys it!:p

hey Dev,have you got the rest of the piping into the gaurd?

Proven Guilty
09-15-2006, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by 23K
...sombody install that thing before time destroys it!:p

hey Dev,have you got the rest of the piping into the gaurd?

make me another one hoho!