PDA

View Full Version : Smoking the Headlights

benz90220
09-15-2006, 06:07 PM
hey i have lightly smoked my front headlights, but it doesnt look smooth or shiny, it looks rough. is ther a way i can make it look smooth. do i have to sand it or buff it somehow?? if u have experience on this subject let me know, later

irieite
09-15-2006, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by benz90220
hey i have lightly smoked my front headlights, but it doesnt look smooth or shiny, it looks rough. is ther a way i can make it look smooth. do i have to sand it or buff it somehow?? if u have experience on this subject let me know, later

Did you spray the outside of the glass lens or the inside reflectors?

Just a thought, but if I were going to smoke the stock headlights, I think I'd spray the inside reflectors rather than the outside lenses..

Window tint (or those other headlight laminates that they sell on eBay) might be a better option for the lens, so long as the lenses aren't too pitted.

Anyway, If you did paint the outside, it's like any other body paint work. Prep is important. Wash! Do a few light even coats of paint. Wet sand, wash and evenly apply the clearcoat.

Come to think of it, the wet sanding might not be a viable option with the translucency of the work you're trying to do. Keeping the tint darkness even across the entire surface of the lens might be a challenge.

Good luck.

Fizzle
09-15-2006, 08:07 PM
What Did You Tint The Lights With? It Would Be A Little Helpful If You'd Be So Kind As To Post A Pic.

irieite
09-15-2006, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Fizzle
What Did You Tint The Lights With? It Would Be A Little Helpful If You'd Be So Kind As To Post A Pic.

Fizzle. Check out the shizzle on his o'der post:

http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10643

jnolte
09-16-2006, 06:22 PM
i dont know if its good for you health to smoke headlights

NEA-4311
09-17-2006, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by jnolte
i dont know if its good for you health to smoke headlights

lol:D

Abuimad
09-17-2006, 02:21 AM
did you spray it with some glass after you smoked them or no ???

benz90220
09-18-2006, 05:22 PM
i sprayed it on to, but its a little rough, should i use sandpaper to smooth it n make it look shiny?
how can i make it shine?

K_Sport Driver
09-19-2006, 11:18 AM
i sprayed it on to, but its a little rough, should i use sandpaper to smooth it n make it look shiny?
how can i make it shine?
by not trying to darken it.

Nitrogenbalance
09-20-2006, 05:07 AM
[i]
how can i make it shine? [/B]

Glue some diamonds around the headlamps. Dat er' keep em' shinin' yall!!!!

benz90220
09-20-2006, 07:28 AM
i post here cause i think you people know how to do shit, apparently all u can do is make stupid racist jokes, this is what happens when u waste time asking these fagets how to fix your car, if u know how to solve the issues i mention tell me, if not go to the nearest bathroom and help yourself jerkoff a bit ,AIGHTT?

Proven Guilty
09-20-2006, 07:55 AM
it's the method of your asking, and delivery of your questions. that doesn't excuse the actions of some taking it to a racist level, but you would probably have much more positive results if you asked with an educated etiquette.

using the red search button at the top of the forum would have given you all the answers you needed for tips in accomplishing that glossy "smoked" look as it has been done on tail lights already.

try a search for "smoked tail". you might amaze yourself, aight?

Nitrogenbalance
09-20-2006, 09:46 AM
i post here cause i think you people know how to do shit, apparently all u can do is make stupid racist jokes, this is what happens when u waste time asking these fagets how to fix your car, if u know how to solve the issues i mention tell me, if not go to the nearest bathroom and help yourself jerkoff a bit ,AIGHTT?

Racist??? who the hell here knows/cares anything about your race.... and if your worried about your race being offended how do you think the gay community feels about you throwing around the word "fagget" in your above response. You see??? Self awareness is very important and seldom practiced.

Strip off whatever you sprayed onto your headlights. It will never look good using the method you have. If they are in good shape and have minimal chips/scratches etc. maybe try laminex(spelling?) which is an overlay type of thing. Similar to window tint but much thicker and easier to use. Yellow, Blue, Tinted, and some others are available. Its for both protection and looks. May or may not have cuts available for the W202. Theres an answer.

Renn 208
09-20-2006, 04:16 PM
I'm leaving Mr. Compton (aka Mr. NYC, aka benz 90220) comments up as an example of how NOT to act when posting at Club202.

Also, props to Proven Guilty and N2 Balance for taking time to respond to poor behavior in a constructive way.

Benz90220, you have already received your final warning from Kuhl Carbon. Any further disruption, and you will be swiftly uninvited from the site. We took it easy on you earlier on in the hopes that you would learn acceptable behavior. However, it doesn't look bright for your case.

As a warning to the rest of the membership....just because a noob decides to rant inappropriately does not give you license to directly attack them with profanity, racisim or any other offensive language. Anyone disrupting the spirit of these forums will be dealt with seriously.

benz90220
09-20-2006, 04:47 PM
sorry man just tryin to figure out some stuff bout my mercedes

Renn 208
09-20-2006, 05:06 PM
sorry man just tryin to figure out some stuff bout my mercedes

All you have to do is show some respect...people here can be very helpful....but when someone comes across rudely, even someone new to the forums, they're not going to be inclined to help out.

Kühl Carbon
09-21-2006, 02:22 PM
After you remove what is currently on there, you can try a film (like window tint) from either here:

Lamin-X (http://lamin-x.com/)

or here:

XPEL (http://www.xpel.com/products/colored_headlamp.asp)

Renn 208
09-21-2006, 02:30 PM
^light tinting master....:bandit: