PDA

View Full Version : read head rest wont go down.

taimyshukah
09-16-2006, 08:25 PM
My buddies pulled up my rear head rest today and now i cant get them to go back down. When i hit the retract button on the dash, it just makes a clicking noise. It used to work before. I rarely use my rear head rest beacause it makes it hard to see cars behind me. Any help, guys?

matt09
09-16-2006, 08:37 PM
Mine take a few seconds to come down and I have to leave the switch pressed.

Proven Guilty
09-16-2006, 08:39 PM
i'm pretty sure they're controlled with air preassure/vaccuum

check the lines and make sure everything is still tight/no leaks

taimyshukah
09-16-2006, 08:42 PM
I've tried that cuz before it would take a few seconds to come down. I've tried holding the button down, pressing them repeatedly, holding the button down while my friends manually pushed the head rest back. No luck.

I have no idea what or where the vaccum lines are.

97C28O
09-16-2006, 09:02 PM
Did you start the car? That happend to me too... but when i started the car it worked.

taimyshukah
09-16-2006, 09:09 PM
Yep, the car was on.

1995c280
09-17-2006, 06:53 AM
do you have a 104 engine. is so they run off a vacuum line from the engine. look under the intake manafold under cylinder #4. there is a white line that connects to a nipple. when changing the oil filter in the back...this lines pops off all the time if ppl are not careful. just pop the line back on and your all set!

you cannot manually push them down with your hand on the button and someone forcing it. the locking gear/device is much stronger than ppl think. it you cant find the vacuum line and just want them down for the time being...go in the trunk and get a large flathead screwdriver and you'll see the lock goin into a number of teeth which hold the headrest in the up position. stick the flathead in an twist and the headrest will fall down very fast. it can be tricky and take a few times since you've never done it before.

Jason

taimyshukah
09-17-2006, 10:48 AM
Thanks for the tip, ill try that sometime this week.