PDA

View Full Version : Will the handle be able to handle this??

MirageHatch
09-17-2006, 01:44 AM
I want to replace my all black handles with the ones with the chrome strip along the top edge.

Can you remove the lock / IR sensor in my existing handles easily and transplant into the new handles?

Im going to source from a wrecker n need to know if I can interchange these 2 parts easily!

Love to hear ANY info ppl can share on this!

Cheers,
Ed

rollinrealbig
09-17-2006, 12:00 PM
yes you can! I have had my chrome-top ones painted flat black and I did have to remove the IR senser and the lock cylinder on the passenger door.

their are two little pins that hold it in place - you take a small screw-driver and punch them out.

MirageHatch
09-17-2006, 03:03 PM
nice! thanks for that mate, im gonna have to get onto this cos I got a hankering for some chrome on my handles!!

OCKlasse
09-17-2006, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by MirageHatch
nice! thanks for that mate, im gonna have to get onto this cos I got a hankering for some chrome on my handles!!

want to trade chrome for no chrome :D

rollinrealbig
09-17-2006, 03:32 PM
ya I like mine without the chrome. it takes a little patience with removing those pins .... not easy if you dont have a small screwdriver .

matt09
09-17-2006, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by rollinrealbig
ya I like mine without the chrome. it takes a little patience with removing those pins .... not easy if you dont have a small screwdriver .
Mmm can you elaborate on how to do it? Thanks.

rollinrealbig
09-17-2006, 04:52 PM
after your remove your handles, you will see what im talking about. its hard to explain but you need to hammer out the two little pins about 2inches long each and about 4mm thick, they need to be hammered out that way the IR sensor will pop out - same way the cylinder lock is assembled.