PDA

View Full Version : Ride Help

STATUS
09-17-2006, 11:26 PM
Ok with no luck I have yet to find a nice c43 at a decent price. So im curious should I cont. looking for a c43 or should I start pimpin out a c230 or sumthin in that range. Comments, Advice, advice Modding wise. Would be much appreciated Thanks

trymonlam
09-18-2006, 08:03 AM
i guess that all depends on the end result u r looking for and the money u got on hand.

Proven Guilty
09-18-2006, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by trymonlam
i guess that all depends on the end result u r looking for and the money u got on hand.

I couldn't agree more. Even a low-end c43 will be in the $13k range, and a pristine one at the $17-20k price range. A 2000 is such a highly sought after, impossibly rare version with the shift-tronic and I've only seen those sell for $26k+ stock

If you're at other options for a W202 chassis, I wouldn't go any less than a C230 Kompressor. You can add an exhaust, powerchip, cold air intake and pulley kit and get about 230 ponies to the wheels no problem! Pretty decnet with the standard 5-speed automatic and those are still fairly cheap and sharp looking.

STATUS
09-18-2006, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Proven Guilty
I couldn't agree more. Even a low-end c43 will be in the $13k range, and a pristine one at the $17-20k price range. A 2000 is such a highly sought after, impossibly rare version with the shift-tronic and I've only seen those sell for $26k+ stock

If you're at other options for a W202 chassis, I wouldn't go any less than a C230 Kompressor. You can add an exhaust, powerchip, cold air intake and pulley kit and get about 230 ponies to the wheels no problem! Pretty decnet with the standard 5-speed automatic and those are still fairly cheap and sharp looking.

I dont mind spending 15k on a c43 I just havent found ant nice ones the one I almost got had chassis damage, and I found another one but has salvage title. So I havent really found any decent ones. So should I just get a c230K hook it up and look for a c43. I think i might do that

Proven Guilty
09-18-2006, 09:34 AM
you live in corona california? i've seen a few of them for sale out here. check out autotrader.com and ebaymotors - they've been selling a lot lately, so maybe that's why they're harder to find right this minute.

if you get a c230k and pimp it out, you'll probably end up staying with it for the gas mileage factor in cali. it's hard to replace a c43 though once you've driven one; you'll never get a c230k as fast as a c43 without dropping about $8-10k under the hood. then again, there's always the C32 swap and paying house of power in huntington beach to do it for you ;)

then you could keep the cheaper insurance, and have the sleeper factor since it'll look like a c230k and not a c32 AMG.

just a few different options - just keep in mind, with even a '00 being almost 7 years old now, any car you pick up is going to need some work (ball joints, control arm bushings, tranny service, diff service, belts/hoses/tuneup etc) it's just about that time, so you might be able to negotiate that into the price if you find a sharp C43 that seems overpriced.

the brake job alone on a c43 will set you back about $600 because the rotors are so expensive (aluminum fused hubs for lighter weight of the oversized rotors)

good luck!

DarkC230K
09-20-2006, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by STATUS
I dont mind spending 15k on a c43 I just havent found ant nice ones the one I almost got had chassis damage, and I found another one but has salvage title. So I havent really found any decent ones. So should I just get a c230K hook it up and look for a c43. I think i might do that

i came across this c43 in anaheim, looks clean 67k miles
http://vmotors.com/carview.php?view=136

Abuimad
09-20-2006, 10:01 PM
do not go for anything less than a c43 or maybe a c36..forget the c230's and 280's...dont do my mistake :(

STATUS
09-20-2006, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Abuimad
do not go for anything less than a c43 or maybe a c36..forget the c230's and 280's...dont do my mistake :(

can i please hear your mistake and y you regret it?