PDA

View Full Version : Piaa Driving Lights

BenzMeister
08-08-2003, 06:22 PM
I have a PIAA driving light set, I want to install the lights on the lower bumper in the oval shape grilles are on my 99 C280. The PIAA kit comes complete with harness, fuses, relay. One problem the harness is designed to hook directly to the battery, which is kinda hard to do as the battery is in the trunk. I would like to wire them to the headlight switch so they go on when you pull out the handle to turn the fog lights on. My problem is I can't locate the wiring and don't have a schmatic. Also down at the bottom of the bumper I found wires with male connections the connector looks like a L one on each side, does anyone know what they are for.

One more ?? was is Parktronic?

Many thanks:)

JRE320
08-08-2003, 07:47 PM
http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=958

Maybe this would help you.

CKlasse
08-09-2003, 08:45 AM
you just linked him to another of his original post :D :D :p

MBATF
08-09-2003, 10:16 AM
Jun, wats wrong with u lately!!!!!! aren't u not getiing enought sleep or what!!!????

JRE320
08-09-2003, 12:49 PM
So what's wrong with Joey's instruction? Isn't it the same way it should be done? :rolleyes: :p ;) :)

Ozzie Bob
08-10-2003, 05:22 AM
Originally posted by BenzMeister
One more ?? [What] is Parktronic? It is a 'Parking Aid System' which uses lights and sounds to let you know how close your front & rear bumpers are to objects at parking speeds :) Parktronic is a great feature that can save you MEGA bucks in the long run! ;)

Note: the OEM Mercedes system uses BOTH lights and sounds to warn you of objects, aftermarket systems usually use either sound OR lights (rarely both) :)