PDA

View Full Version : Wiper Fluid Doesn't Spray...

Python01
09-19-2006, 03:38 AM
Hi to all.
I am new to the forum, and I'm a newbie Merc driver too - I just got an 11 year old C280 used.
I just love every aspect of my new(old and used in effect) car!

I did not realize the "Wiper Fluid Non-operation" problem when I bought the car - couldn't check all the details 'cause I was just so excited - yeah, I am like that.

I looked into the hood and made sure the fluid tank is half full, but when I push the flush button, the fluid does not spay. Just the wiper blade scrapes the dry glass like three or four times - no good.

I don't think I hear any sort of pump working under the hood either (tho' I'm not so very sure)... So, probably the pump blew?

I made sure there ain't no leaks at least, either under the car, or along the pipes going through the spray nozzles.
Had anybody previously worked on these wiper fluid related parts, I wonder?

Any comments or opinions would be very much appreciated...

Thanks in advance.

JP

09-19-2006, 04:24 AM
hi and welcome!:)

first check, with a friend, if the pump (into the washer reservoir tank) work when you push the command from the cabin, if no, check first for the fuse, and than check the connection if they are corroded (try moving them and utilize a contact cleaner). At least consider to change the pumo motor, in any case it will not cost a lot, I hope!

If the pumo will work, then check is the pipes are all connected to the nozzles in the bonnet, check all the passages.
Hi

slowpoke
09-19-2006, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by Python01
Hi to all.
I am new to the forum, and I'm a newbie Merc driver too - I just got an 11 year old C280 used.
I just love every aspect of my new(old and used in effect) car!

I did not realize the "Wiper Fluid Non-operation" problem when I bought the car - couldn't check all the details 'cause I was just so excited - yeah, I am like that.

I looked into the hood and made sure the fluid tank is half full, but when I push the flush button, the fluid does not spay. Just the wiper blade scrapes the dry glass like three or four times - no good.

I don't think I hear any sort of pump working under the hood either (tho' I'm not so very sure)... So, probably the pump blew?

I made sure there ain't no leaks at least, either under the car, or along the pipes going through the spray nozzles.
Had anybody previously worked on these wiper fluid related parts, I wonder?

Any comments or opinions would be very much appreciated...

Thanks in advance.

JP

try sticking a needle into the nozzles...they could just be clogged up with wax :D

Proven Guilty
09-19-2006, 08:57 AM
the washer pump, and the wiper motor itself are on separate fuses. i'd say its 75% chance that it's the fuse. check that first are formost. if you are unsure where the fuse panel is located, you can find it on the drivers side with a black plastic cover on top of it, up near the firewall.

Python01
09-19-2006, 03:06 PM
Wow, so many answers in such a short time!!!

Thank you all for your kindness. I will try those measures suggested above and will be back to let you know.

Thank you once again!

JP

Proven Guilty
09-19-2006, 03:31 PM
most of us troll all day at work. we're happy to take a stab in the dark :D

97C28O
09-19-2006, 03:48 PM
i had this done few weeks ago. Mine was the pump that failed.

Part No. 210-869-00-21 ( the 210 is the same with 202) and it costed me $38.40 at the stealership.

Denlasoul
09-19-2006, 04:00 PM
Good luck and keep us posted on the source of the problem and how you resolved it.

Welcome!

rman
09-19-2006, 04:24 PM
my 99 had a leak in the plumbing. it sprayed, but it drained the resevoir in only a handful of uses

the leak was in the line, where you can access under the hood (under 2 plastic caps)

there was some sort of cylinder, where the lines connected. somehow that started leaking.

dunno if this helps, but i suppose any info could be a possible fix

Python01
11-12-2006, 01:25 AM
Thank you all for your advice.

Mine had a blown pump.

In effect, I am not familiar with these Benz stuff and anything under the hood so I had to have my tech guys do the job.

Paid about 150 bucks. Way too much for what I get.

97C28O
11-12-2006, 09:43 AM
It's an easy install...

Unscrew the tank and tilted that the water is away from the pump in clip the hoses pull the pump out put the new one in plugs the hoses back on and clips set the tank back down and screw it on and your done!!