PDA

View Full Version : c280 sometimes stalling need help

BENZPERFORMANCE
09-19-2006, 09:55 PM
i have a c280 that i just recently bought aside from my c220. and my prob is my c280 is sometimes is stalling. like when you are in a stop sign then once it goes and i accelerate it , the car some times stall so i need to release and depressed th accelerator slowly to accelerate but sometimes the car run normal, does any one have an idea what's the problem with it. it's a 95 c280. thanks!

nzbadboy
09-19-2006, 10:01 PM
Hi, well im not sure bout mercedes but in general it sounds like a faulty fuel pump. Well that would be my 1st guess

therock2689
09-20-2006, 02:50 AM
Fuel pump coulcd be it. As, i would check MAS and maybe even plugs, just to make sure. Mine did that too, but it was because i had hydrolocked it from my cold air and a nice pudle that i found myself in.

BENZPERFORMANCE
09-20-2006, 08:47 AM
i already change the plugs but still the same and this only happen when i'm going to start running the car but once it goes it doesn't stall anymore it only happen when i stop and go. but not always.???!!!???

adelaros
09-20-2006, 09:15 AM
MAF..

therock2689
09-20-2006, 10:49 AM
Ya, MAS/MAF. You might be flooding teh engine with too much gas because teh MAS thinks your going to get more air then you really are. Replace that, and it still happens, you have a big problem my firend

Rock

94benZo
09-21-2006, 10:25 AM
I've got 94 c280 and she's also doing that sometimes.. I've installed new MAF bout 7 mos ago. Also got hard starting problem. few members here suggested its the dreaded brittled wiring harness that's a common weakness in our cars. Haven't got a chance to have it checked out yet. If you got it checked out before I did, let me know what the mech tells you.
good luck!

BENZPERFORMANCE
09-21-2006, 01:24 PM
I ALREADY CHANGE MY WIRING HARNES FEW MONTHS AGO AND JUST RECENTLY MY CAR IS STALLING AND MOST OF THE GUYS HERE SAID MAYBE IT'S THE MAF SO PROBABLY I'LL TRY TO CHANGE THE MAF THEN. :D

Fizzle
02-18-2012, 10:20 AM
This sounds just like my problem. I thought it may have been the oil and changed it, Royal Purple of course. When I removed the skidpad underneath (yes under the car, because I like to let as much of the dirty oil drain out as possible.) I found some plastic bit that had threads on them. They were one of my serpentine's pulleys. It had broken off, but not completely. About 70% of the pulley was still holding the belt. The had somehow broken and landed in the skidpad.

nickCR
02-19-2012, 03:32 PM
I've had this problem in my 96 C280. My problem was the injectors. If you let your gas tank drop to empty grit at the bottom sometimes makes it's way past the fuel filter and into the engine.

I would do the following:

1. Borrow a MAF from another C280 and see if that fixes the problem.

2. Get your injectors cleaned and make sure you have a new fuel filter.