PDA

View Full Version : throttle lag

kevinzorz
09-21-2006, 07:47 PM
I have a 98 c230, and my car has a very noticeable throttle lag. After I press the gas down, it takes about 1-2 seconds for the power to come, and it comes slowly, until i hit 40mph, then it starts to haul ass.
Anyone know why the car starts off so slow?

rollinrealbig
09-21-2006, 08:46 PM
I had that. its probably your Air flow meter (MAF)

this thread belongs in the repair section. ;)

OCKlasse
09-21-2006, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by kevinzorz
I have a 98 c230, and my car has a very noticeable throttle lag. After I press the gas down, it takes about 1-2 seconds for the power to come, and it comes slowly, until i hit 40mph, then it starts to haul ass.
Anyone know why the car starts off so slow?

I fixed that problem ;)

http://club202.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8601&highlight=custom+cold+air

look down a few pics...

kevinzorz
09-21-2006, 09:26 PM
did you have to cut those pipes or did it come pre-cut, and if came pre-cut, what lengths are those?

OCKlasse
09-21-2006, 10:31 PM
did you have to cut those pipes or did it come pre-cut, and if came pre-cut, what lengths are those?

all custom fabricating...but the part that helped with the kick down was the piece from the MAF to the throttle body

1SIKBNZ
09-22-2006, 07:35 AM
what about helping the kickdown on a 99 c280? anything?

OCKlasse
09-22-2006, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by 1SIKBNZ
what about helping the kickdown on a 99 c280? anything?

well...the idea behind that piece is volumetric efficiency...the pipe now is the same from the filter to the throttle body. Before, the pipe was much thinner between the MAS and the TB. Now, since it is a uniform size, it gets the amount of air it needs much quicker.

Proven Guilty
09-22-2006, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by OCKlasse
well...the idea behind that piece is volumetric efficiency...the pipe now is the same from the filter to the throttle body. Before, the pipe was much thinner between the MAS and the TB. Now, since it is a uniform size, it gets the amount of air it needs much quicker.

and it looks like a robot arm coming out of the engine! :bunny: rawwwwrrr!!!

kevinzorz
09-22-2006, 03:15 PM
I'm really considering doing that intake setup, I looked on ebay for and the AEM bypass is $53! is it suppose to be that much? Also, what would be the best filter that wont damage my MAF

OCKlasse
09-22-2006, 05:43 PM
I'm really considering doing that intake setup, I looked on ebay for and the AEM bypass is $53! is it suppose to be that much? Also, what would be the best filter that wont damage my MAF

the bypass you can find cheap, just look around...I got mine for $15 on ebay, as far the filter, I used a foam one, but a cone cotton one should be fine as well.