PDA

View Full Version : Bummin' on Bekkers

Prez
09-22-2006, 03:14 PM
Three weeks after ordering clear corners to replace my smashed stock driver's side turn signal, Bekkers still has not gotten the part in.

Everytime I call, Tony says, "Next week." My other favorite response is, "Call us back tomorrow and we'll know when we'll get them in."

I really don't want to buy the aftermarket lights. I also don't want to buy the stock lights. But I want to get this done. So does anyone know another place where I can get Bosch clear corners?

Thanks in advance!

97C28O
09-22-2006, 06:12 PM
I would too like to know where else we can get Bosch Clear Corners for maybe cheaper than bekkers? 110$ sounds a lot for a pair of corners...

Brando457
09-22-2006, 08:28 PM
formymercedes.com has a set for $56 i m not sure about the quality of them compared to the bosch oem clear corners though, but if anyone knows id like to find out because if i can save $50 id like to heh

1SIKBNZ
09-23-2006, 03:40 PM
same shit with my grill! 1 month now.. pissed

unHookt
09-26-2006, 02:38 PM
same with my grill, too. carbon grill was discontinued, and the avant garde is supposedly stuck in customs...

been almost a month now...

Prez
09-27-2006, 09:37 AM
Well, I've given up on them. It just took too long.

But FYI, a friend of mine that owns a body shop in Van Nuys said that his parts supplier has informed him that the Bosch OEM clears have been discontinued. Looks like its aftermarket or nothing.

Now how the hell can a grill get stuck in customs?

unHookt
09-27-2006, 10:03 AM
Just called. Grills apparently arrived today and are being unpacked, checked and labelled. I'm told that my grill is going to ship tomorrow.

1SIKBNZ
09-27-2006, 10:36 AM
Damn.. my shit better go out 2moro than to! gessh finally. they shold give us like free express shipping for taking over a month!

hvmercy
09-27-2006, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Prez

Now how the hell can a grill get stuck in customs?

many, many reasons.

Improper manifest/documents for example.

But in this case, it sounds like the source is the one to blame.

Post pictures up when you have the grill installed.

good luck!

FLYNAVY
09-29-2006, 05:33 PM
I spent over a month waiting for them to get a set of euro lights for my w201 ordered. Towards the end, I was calling daily, and they kept telling me..."ummmm...I dunno when they will be shipped....possibly this Friday they will be leaving Germany (on a Monday)". I gave up, called capitol west (capitolwest.com) in CA and had a new set at my door one day later w/o any fuss. IMHO and experience, Bekkers is overpriced and equally disorganized.

unHookt
09-29-2006, 06:22 PM
Does anyone else sell the avantgarde grills that Bekkers does?

Or even better, the carbon fiber ones they sold, but which are now apparently discontinued?

97C28O
09-29-2006, 06:42 PM
eBAY!!!

ncd
09-30-2006, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by 97C28O
eBAY!!!

Yeah heh i got one (a complete kit) for £23!

hope its not a peace of poop..

unHookt
10-02-2006, 03:21 PM
called again today. the grills are in, being unpacked, and are supposed to ship tomorrow.

will call again tomorrow.

Denlasoul
10-03-2006, 02:17 PM
Dont know whats going on here, but I've had nothing but good experiences with Bekkers, and I've been buying stuff from them for almost 6 years.

Sounds like you guys hit a bad time or something. Possibly dont have items in stock?

unHookt
10-03-2006, 02:25 PM
Well, it's been a month...
Just called - a little late - nobody home.

1SIKBNZ
10-03-2006, 02:43 PM
talked today, grills going out wed or thurs with 3 day shipping to anyone waiting.... over a month later but at least im gettin it...

unHookt
10-03-2006, 03:42 PM
yesterday he said they were going out today. last week he said they were going out last wednesday.

K_Sport Driver
10-03-2006, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by unHookt
yesterday he said they were going out today. last week he said they were going out last wednesday.
you may actually get them by christmas. then again, mabye not.

Brando457
10-03-2006, 07:32 PM
so whats the deal with bekkers worth buying from or no? i was planning on ordering the carbon lgrill for my C280 and possibly my eibach springs

unHookt
10-03-2006, 09:18 PM
carbon grill is discontinued partner.

Brando457
10-03-2006, 09:30 PM
carbon grill is discontinued partner.

on their website they still list it for sale and order.

http://www.bekkers.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=202-74223&Category_Code=mgrillaccessories

Denlasoul
10-04-2006, 06:07 AM
Why dont you call and ask? If they say its in stock then question why so many people at Club202 are still waiting for theirs.

C'mon you can do some of the footwork yourself.

unHookt
10-04-2006, 08:09 AM
Well, I called 5 minutes ago and spoke with Tony (not Anthony - different guy). I'm pretty pissed.

Monday, Anthony told me that the grills had arrived, were in the process of being unpacked as we spoke, and that they would be ready to ship today (Wednesday) at the latest. I've been hearing these kinds of promises since I ordered my new grill back on September 3rd! (Yes, it's Oct. 4th today)

Now, Tony tells me that the grills did not come in at all. They are supposedly communicating with the shipper to find out where they are. Yeah, right.

These guys have obviously been feeding me bulls**t for a month now. Meanwhile, they continue to indicate on their site that these items are in stock and available for purchase, roping other suckers like me in. Is this how Bekkers does business?

Is there anywhere else (reputable - not eBay) where I can buy these grills? I'm looking for a quality product, not inserts, not stickers, not crap.

1SIKBNZ
10-04-2006, 08:14 AM
o man if i find out that they really havnt showed up im gunna rage.... how ridiculous!

Prez
10-04-2006, 08:52 AM
Just looked at my bank account and saw that they had charged me for my clears. Apparently, they haven't been discontinued after all. But... I did have to call the guy at the body shop who was fixing my car and tell him to turn around the parts he ordered for me. Thought I had cancelled my Bekkers order.

Moral of the story: Don't order from Bekkers if you need it tomorrow. Or next week. Maybe next month, but we can't be sure. It depends on the supplier, on customs, on our work staff. It depends on the phase of the moon. Maybe.

Denlasoul
10-04-2006, 08:56 AM
Hey all-

I just spent 15 minutes talking to Anthony to find out what is going on with everyone's shipment,. Here is the scoop.

Shipment has arrived. It arrived late last week and they are unloading the crate by hand. This problem is where the hold up is occuring. Unloading is taking much longer than expected and thus the delay. He also informed me that parts received are not considered in until checked and placed into inventory. Hopefully these items will get out to you soon. I was also informed about these orders will be given expedited(sp) shipping to help out with the delay.

A second problem seems to occur with communication. There seems to be multiple associates saying different things to our Members. Maybe they have different agendas, but I have personally worked with Anthony and had no problems whatsoever. He has been nothing but a straight shooter with me. I suggest that people wanting to do business with Bekkers, deal with Anthony directly. His extension is x33.

Also, I have been informed that the c/f grille is DISCONTINUED. There may be one or two in this shipment, but they will not know until everything is checked. If interested in the c/f grille, I'd check tomorrow or Friday to see if they have any.

If anyone else needs my help, please contact me through PM or email. I'll gladly talk to Bekkers myself.

Hang in there,
DLS

unHookt
10-04-2006, 10:39 AM
thanks for following up on this for us!

unHookt
10-05-2006, 12:46 PM
Just spoke with Tony at Bekkers - Anthony wasn't around. Looks like the shipment is still being unpacked and items purchased may not be available for shipment to customers until Monday, earliest.

mbsickness
10-05-2006, 02:50 PM
Just spoke with Tony at Bekkers - Anthony wasn't around. Looks like the shipment is still being unpacked and items purchased may not be available for shipment to customers until Monday, earliest.

I ordered a set of Xenon lights from them a while back and they were damaged in shipment. They were going to send a replacement set but they were out of stock. I returned the damaged lights to UPS and have been waiting ever since. Just like you guys I have been getting the same "next week" excuses and frankly was getting nervious as this is a sizable amount of money. I called today and was told they shipped yesterday and got a tracking number. So it does sound like they did recently get a shipment and are making good on their prior commitments.

sig425
10-06-2006, 05:39 AM
bekkers = the suck. I have had nothing but trouble from them on anything I have ordered. They lied to me too about warranty issues and delivery times. Tell me it will take 3 weeks but dont tell me for 3 weeks it will be tomorrow.

unHookt
10-09-2006, 01:12 PM
any updates?

1SIKBNZ
10-09-2006, 02:42 PM
WHERE IS MY FUCKING GRILLL!!!!??? AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!

Prez
10-09-2006, 02:59 PM
Hoping my clears come today, though I'll settle for tomorrow. They get a little slack for USPS Columbus Day Holiday (lack of) service. But I will grow increasingly unhappy as the week continues if they don't show up.

97C28O
10-09-2006, 03:22 PM
How much did you get the corners for? No discount?

Prez
10-09-2006, 04:11 PM
Uh...No. They didn't discount the price. They simply charged my bank account as if nothing happened. Actually, since you brought it up, they should have. Now I'm getting angry again.

SERENITY NOW! SERENITY NOW!

ncd
10-10-2006, 01:57 AM
aviod the ebay auction for the £25 grill kit, its chrome strips :(

put them on my car anyway and they suck ass .. they would of ROCKED if they had not of crinkled from seating them on the grill ... it would of been a nice put you over till you can afford/locate the proper grill
yes thats with a heat gun/hair dryer on the lowest setting at quite some distance.. every singal one crinkled... I followed the instructions perfect

unHookt
10-10-2006, 08:47 AM
Just called again. Spoke with Tony, as Anthony is not available (went to voicemail). He told me they were still unpacking their grills, and that they would be shipping tomorrow.

Sound familiar? Sorry guys, but this is horse sh*t.

If these guys had any semblance of credibility left, it's completely shot to hell.

Anyone else here willing to give them a call? Maybe some good old fashioned pressure will light a fire under them...

Prez
10-10-2006, 08:56 AM
Yeah, I'll call them in an hour or so.

unHookt
10-10-2006, 09:44 AM
Thanks!

1SIKBNZ
10-10-2006, 10:15 AM
Just called and spoke with anthony, he said he is looking at them right now and EVERYONE will get them by end of this week, they are going out by 2moro and shipping 3 day air. ( i really think they should be next day but he said they couldnt) whatever. i made him swear on his kids he wasnt lying and he swore ill have it by end of the week and im in cali. so yeah. *sigh. I will NEVER order from them again. i would have rather payed the 25 or so dollars i saved with a discount and gotten this a month ago..

unHookt
10-11-2006, 01:10 PM
Got a call from Anthony and the grill is on the way. Also noticed that my bank account has been charged for the purchase.

Will keep ya'll posted!

mbsickness
10-11-2006, 07:51 PM
Well, I finally received my HID lights from Bekker's. They made good on their commitment in my case.

97C28O
10-11-2006, 07:52 PM
post up the HIDs!

Prez
10-12-2006, 08:41 AM
Got my clears last night finally! Now I can get my car fixed and get it washed!

Yeah I wanna see pics of those HIDs too.

unHookt
10-12-2006, 02:43 PM
Had to call them for it, but I got a tracking number for my grill. Should be here on the 16h...

mbsickness
10-13-2006, 08:29 AM
Got my clears last night finally! Now I can get my car fixed and get it washed!

Yeah I wanna see pics of those HIDs too.

I have a set of teh Bekker's HID's on my C36 already and these are going on a 94 C280 along with a set of 98-00 smoked tails. I just have to get two light supports (on order) and the trim under the headlights pianted and they will be going in. This time I'll take some pictures of the install if you guys would like. On the C36 it was a day and night difference. Worth every penny for the clean light output (i.e. no glare) vs conversion kits.

mbsickness
10-14-2006, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by 97C28O
post up the HIDs!

Here you go
http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10932

unHookt
10-16-2006, 08:39 AM
Without the autolevelers, do the lights bounce up and down as you drive over uneven terrain?

Last night, I was driving back home through a dark area with lots of traffic (Napa), and there was someone behind me with HIDs that were constantly bouncing up and down, as though they were hitting the brights. I'm pretty certain they weren't intentionally flashing me, though. Thank goodness for the autodimming mirrors on my 202!

Meanwhile, the other night I was driving in front of my friend's ML55 with OEM HIDs and this wasn't happening at all. They were pretty much rock solid and never seemed to beam into the cabin of my car, even though we were driving through the up and down mountain twisties...

Just curious as to how much of an annoyance these lights are to other drivers...

Abuimad
10-16-2006, 09:14 AM
yeah what causes the light to bounce up and down, this happens in my car also when i hit a bump, and in my friends car...

unHookt
10-16-2006, 09:37 AM
man that's pretty irritating to other drivers on the road. could you also potentially get a ticket for that?

mbsickness
10-16-2006, 09:58 AM
In the c280 they are solid as can be. In the c36 only when I hit a big bump (where you start wondering if you have just bent a rim) does it only slightly shudder. So I would say there isn't an issue with shaking. If it helps I also have yet to get flashed by oncoming traffic.

unHookt
10-16-2006, 06:47 PM
So my grill finally arrived today. Don't you know UPS waited until 7pm to drop it off. This purchase has been an end to end clusterf**k! Ordered September 3rd, received October 16th.

Turns out I got the very last carbon look grill, atfer all...

Anyhow, so I opened the box and was a little disappointed at what I found. There were a few clips missing, some of the metal on the back/mounting side was twisted/bent, and one of the screw holes was misaligned. Build quality, overall, was a C- compared to the OEM grill, which is solid, and maybe 2-3 times as heavy as its replacement.

Also, the grill rattles. I tested while the car was running and it didn't seem to make noise while idling, but the grill definitely rattles when tapped.

So, here are some pics:

Before:

http://www.actionreaction.net/grill/before.jpg

Side by side comparo:

http://www.actionreaction.net/grill/comparison.jpg

After:

http://www.actionreaction.net/grill/after.jpg

Now, don't get me wrong - this thing looks great. Much better than before - the difference is night and day and the photos probably don't do it justice.

All things considered, after waiting a month for the thing to arrive, having to twist some of the bracket into shape to get it to fit, and realizing that it's pretty cheap-o in build quality, I still don't think I would do it again.

Now it's time to get the car washed...

Abuimad
10-17-2006, 12:53 AM
my grill also feels cheaper than the real thing, however god knows how much it made the car look better...just really makes the front shine...but but i would hate to tap the grill in any way shape or form..because i know it would break easy

Prez
10-17-2006, 09:17 AM
If it makes you guys feel any better...

I was driving home from work last night when my passenger side clear corner that I waited a month and a half for popped straight out and landed on my bumper. Drove all the way up the 101 lookin like I had an eyeball popped out hanging by an optic nerve. How's that for graphic description?

Pushed back in just fine...waiting for it to happen again.

unHookt
10-17-2006, 10:01 AM
Soooo, thumbs down to Bekkers in general?

Prez
10-17-2006, 10:15 AM
Well, I'm gonna think
really
really
really
really
hard before I order from them again. And honestly, I can't think of anything I'd Want to order from them and have to wait a month for.

Clear corners you apparently can't find anywhere anymore; the grills are kinda hmmmokay. I think if I want to do anything else, I'll get a grill off Ebay. New shocks and springs and rims can all be purchased from a closer and more reliable source than that one in Georgia.

Denlasoul
10-17-2006, 10:23 AM
I believe that you didnt properly lock in your clear corner. I've taken my car past 100mph numerous times and never had any problems.

1SIKBNZ
10-17-2006, 10:28 AM
still waitin on mine... im tempted to tell anthony or tony or whoever it is to come peek at the forum here to see how dis satisfied everyone is so they wil maybe do sumthin about it... fuckin lame! supposedly mines showin up 2moro... cant wait now that i hear how shit the quality is... yay!

unHookt
10-17-2006, 11:40 AM
maybe the avant garde is better in quality than the carbon look grill..?

1SIKBNZ
10-17-2006, 11:43 AM
that would be nice... lol...

unHookt
10-17-2006, 12:17 PM
it's really possible.

apparently, the carbon look was discontinued due to build quality issues. Clearly, the one I got was not properly built. Wish I had taken some pictures before the install, but trust me - it was warped and all jacked up.

I had to "make do" because it was the last one, and because I didn't want to have to wait another month for a replacement...

The avant garde isn't made primarily of plastic like the carbon look, right?

ncd
10-17-2006, 02:47 PM
maybe the avant garde is better in quality than the carbon look grill..?
makes me wonder if the chrome "avamtgarde grill" i saw on ebay for £185 is the real deal metal & chrome plated with that price tag..

mbsickness
10-18-2006, 06:47 AM
If it makes you guys feel any better...

I was driving home from work last night when my passenger side clear corner that I waited a month and a half for popped straight out and landed on my bumper. Drove all the way up the 101 lookin like I had an eyeball popped out hanging by an optic nerve. How's that for graphic description?

Pushed back in just fine...waiting for it to happen again.

I hate when that kind of stuff happens. Just out of curiosity are the clear corners you got from Bekkers Bosch or AL (Automotive Lighting)?

Prez
10-18-2006, 09:56 AM
They were Bosch. Came in the Bosch box.