PDA

View Full Version : Product/Manufacturer review: X3 Racing

rman
09-22-2006, 05:22 PM
Review:
products and company are garbage.

I bought the LED crystal red/clear tails off of them, and the quality is absolute junk. The lenses were cracked (but i didn't notice them until after i started sanding them) and in the past 2 or 3 days, have cracked more, and developed more cracks. In a few weeks i should have a box full of dust that was once tail lights. I tried to sand them down, silicone the cracks, and then smoke them since i could no longer return them, but the tinting spray left the cracks very obvious.

Before i received them, I called to change my shipping address. They looked up my name, couldn't find the tail lights, but noticed my account had a ton of "notes" on it.

Turns out I bought a CAI for my sister's mustang from them last year, which was also GARBAGE.
I noted 8 or 9 things that made installation impossible, bolts that did not fit in holes, nutts that did not fit bolts, 2 peice piping that were different diameters (by 1/2 to 1"), couplers that did not couple any of these mystery pipes, the basic shape of it.

I called multiple times and they kept telling me i was installing it wrong. What a slap in the face. An intake? It was obvious that it was engineered poorly, but it was not a wrong part. It was made for the mustang, but would never fit.

I demanded that they refund my money including return shipping before I sent anything back. No way was I going to ship it back on my expense and wait for their refund. Not my fault.....shiiiiiit...

BEWARE OF PRODUCTS FROM X3 RACING

jnenad16
09-22-2006, 07:18 PM
I bought a muffler from them about 2 years ago. the only thing unsatisfactory about that transaction was shipping, the item was supposed to be shipped 2nd day, instead they sent it express mail which took nearly 2 weeks to come to hawaii.

nenad

rollinrealbig
09-22-2006, 07:39 PM
post some pics !

X3 racing ok never buying shit from them. thanks for the heads up!

rman
09-22-2006, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by jnenad16
I bought a muffler from them about 2 years ago. the only thing unsatisfactory about that transaction was shipping, the item was supposed to be shipped 2nd day, instead they sent it express mail which took nearly 2 weeks to come to hawaii.

nenad

a muffler really can't be that bad unless it wasn't welded shut and had an open seam or something....

but about the shipping - It took about a week for them to "process" it, ship it, and for me to get it.

the company is about a 2-2.5 hr drive from here.