PDA

View Full Version : Sideskirts?

benz90220
09-25-2006, 06:31 AM
hey i have the stock w202 from 1995, and the sideskirts are black, but the cars color is gray, wher can i buy some sideskirts? or should i just paint over the black part? it looks wierd, car is another color, and the sidepart is black. how can i paint it the cars color? should i just spray paint it? thanks for your timeee

matt09
09-25-2006, 07:20 AM
Lolololol.... Spray paint? :eek:
Please take care of your car...
And when you buy the sideskirts or decide to paint them, let a professional do the work.

coolin
09-25-2006, 12:34 PM
No way, you can totally paint them yourself as long as you have a steady hand.

Make sure you take pictures and post them.

So what's it like in Comptain this time of year? I've heard Comptain is really pretty in the fall.

benz90220
09-25-2006, 02:52 PM
yeh yo we keep tha block hot even in december ya heard come on down ima show u ma benz, right now im tryin to paint the sideskirts but how should i do it? any guides?
hollaaa

Renn 208
09-25-2006, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by benz90220
yeh yo we keep tha block hot even in december ya heard come on down ima show u ma benz, right now im tryin to paint the sideskirts but how should i do it? any guides?
hollaaa

Practice on a random piece of scrap first. I wouldn't hit up the side skirts on your first attempt.

MirageHatch
09-25-2006, 04:56 PM
rough guide.

clean the skirts real well, let dry completely!!

use newspaper and auto masking tape to cover all bits around the skirts you dont want to paint, leaving only the sideskirts exposed. make sure you use the tape to get really straight lines at the edges where the skirts meet the car panels.

use a can of automotive plastic primer, give a few light coats till its all covered, allow 5 or so minutes between each coat (refer to insturctions on can)

Let dry totally.

Get your local auto store to mix up a spray can with your exact car colours paint (look for paint code in their reference books etc) then spray over the primer, a few moderate/light coats with 5-10 minutes in between coats, dont put the paint on too heavy or it will not work properly, build up lights coats.

once paint is totally covering the primer and solid let dry...

24hrs later give it a good clean and then you may wanna do some wax and polish (allow 2 weeks before you do this i think, any sooner isnt good for the paint, takes about 2 weeks to fully 'cure'.)

this is a real quick rough guide and you could go into WAY more detail to get a top finish, but im at work and dont have a lot of spare time...

ppl feel free to add any suggestions.

If you are gonna paint your sides yourself we may as well try and help you get them looking the best you can!

benz90220
09-25-2006, 05:12 PM
thanks very much MirageHatch for the guide, im gonna take it into consideration

illusionaryline
09-26-2006, 01:00 AM
you may as well just colour it in with a permanent texter....

adelaros
09-26-2006, 03:40 AM
you may as well just colour it in with a permanent texter....

YO.. dont worry if you meesit up .. Just use Liquid Paper to fix it.

benz90220
09-26-2006, 05:44 AM
u teachin me how to paint a sideskirt or type an essay????

adelaros
09-26-2006, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by benz90220
u teachin me how to paint a sideskirt or type an essay????

I think most of the members of this forum have a 202 because of its “elegant sport” look. The mods done by the member tent to maintain the MB original look or as you elegantly put it “conservative in your modifications”.( Your Words (http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10671) ). This “conservative” mods are little bit more expensive that buying a 50 cents refrigerator magnet to impress someone in your hood.

Proven Guilty
09-26-2006, 08:39 AM
aight dawg, listen up cause i only be sayin dis once.

1) get some gold spray paint from home depot, gaffle that shit when they aint lookin, for extra street cred
2) pull a board out of the alley, look for one that dont be havin lots of nailz and shit in it
3) slap the board up against the door with one hand, and tag them skirts up like they be janet jackson's thighs
4) show off to yo bruvahs how tite that shit be lookin, str8 outta compton.

internet access and digital cameras in compton 4 life!

Proven Guilty
09-26-2006, 08:40 AM
aight dawg, listen up cause i only be sayin dis once.

1) get some gold spray paint from home depot, gaffle that shit when they aint lookin, for extra street cred
2) pull a board out of the alley, look for one that dont be havin lots of nailz and shit in it
3) slap the board up against the door with one hand, and tag them skirts up like they be janet jackson's thighs
4) show off to yo bruvahs how tite that shit be lookin, str8 outta compton.

internet access and digital cameras in compton 4 life!

edit: lata hollaaaaaaa

matt09
09-26-2006, 08:56 AM
...You made my day sir.

benz90220
09-26-2006, 08:57 AM
AIGHT IMA TAKE THAT NAILED BOARD N SMACK YA FUCKIN HEAD OFF AIGHT BITCH COME TO COMPTON N IF U LOOKIN FOR BEEF,

i live at the corner of South LONG BEACH BLVD and CYPRESS STREET

MEET ME THERE OR STOP BEEFIN WITH ME

tpliquid
09-26-2006, 09:00 AM
calm the fuk down nga. else u gonna get yo azz banned. we dont want that here

Renn 208
09-26-2006, 09:21 AM
he's suspended now

adelaros
09-26-2006, 10:22 AM
Please keep him!!!!

It kept my busy day going with a good :D