PDA

View Full Version : M111 Kompressor

DRM
09-27-2006, 02:37 AM
Saw this on eBay..

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=013&item=230031669611&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Don't know how hard it is to bolt on to M111 engines (what other components you would need?). Never seen one for sale before over this way or international eBay!

someone might be interested

Depending on how much I could grab one from a spare parts dealer I would be interested in putting it on a c180 if its possible / and what kind of gains would be expected, but not too keen on spending $2400 atm.

Proven Guilty
09-27-2006, 09:50 AM
that is waaay too much for asking price for a new one. you can find them on US ebay for $400-800 for a nicely rebuilt one (as good or better than new)

there's quite a bit more work that you would need to do to make this work on a N/A engine.

shopping list would include (and probably much more than i could recall)

-updated air box with S.C. inlet for bypass
-vdo bypass valve (attaches to airbox)
-I.C. and piping
-different ECU
-wiring harness
-updated air intake pipes
-brackets and hardware to mount the S.C.

you're better off finding a C230K in the long run!

K_Sport Driver
09-27-2006, 10:21 AM
theoretically, you could run it without an intercooler, but then you're just boosting hot air. regardless, that's just minus one step in a list of many. I've seen kompressor motors (sc + M111) on ebay for just more than the price you found for just the sc.

DRM
09-27-2006, 01:52 PM
alright thanks for the info, yeah I thought that was very expensive, although expected for australia / new zealand lol.

Fizzle
09-27-2006, 02:48 PM
Would It Be Possible Or Even Practical To Put A 230's Komp On A 280's Engine? If So What Kind Of Gain Could Be Expected.

Pagz
09-27-2006, 06:44 PM
Thats about right for a genuine New SC for the M111,very expensive for such a basic mass produced unit,thought the magnetic setup addes to the price big time...

As Proven Guilty has said,....further more things will be complicated by different compression which may need Fuel/ignition changes and iv been told the K model has a different Mass airflow sensor...and we all know those bite,luckly i dont got a mas no more;)