PDA

View Full Version : HID Questions

Ace
08-10-2003, 01:17 PM
I just go the Catz 4500k HID Kit.
This kit is supposedely complete plug and play, however, i have heard that for mercedes you may need to change the code in the cars computer from halogen to xenon, is this true with the w202?
I have a 95, does anyone know if this cars computer even has the xenon code option?

Also, I heard that you can bypass the computer by hooking up a resistor which tricks the comp, is this true?

Can anyone please share their experience with both situations or am i too worried there won't be any problems?

Thanks for the help,

Also, does anyone have pics of their HID setup in their car that you could share?
Where is a good place to mount all the equip for the HID's?

nokia8860
08-14-2003, 12:36 PM
You shouldnt have a blown light display on your dash but if you do just wire in a 1ohm 1watt resistor to the + end and you'll be fine.

Stock mountings for the ballast are in the wheel well. If your wires arent long enough just shove them in the space underneath your headlights reserved for the headlight cleaner... but then again if you have the cleaners you could mount them to the back of the headlight unit itself.

Ace
08-19-2003, 11:57 PM
thanks for your help Nokia!!
BTW is this the resistor you are talking about.

http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5F011%5F002%5F014%5F003&product%5Fid=271%2D153

THanks again