PDA

View Full Version : Changing spring pads

therock2689
10-01-2006, 05:00 PM
Ok ,i searched but i found nothing that sufficed my question. OK, i want to drop my car some. I know i have #3 sping pads, it has 3 little ridges on the edge(im assuming thats #, correct if wrong). I just want a mild drop for little money. Im thinking that pad #1 is teh lowest, unless there is a zero. about how much you think that will run me. I have facilites to install so i just need the pad itself. HOw much will a #1 pad drop me to. I read with my search that #4 pad to a #2 pad is 12mm apx 1/2 inch. Is the same true from 3 to a 1.

Rock

rollinrealbig
10-01-2006, 06:37 PM
the pads are about $7 each I think.

you wont really notice any drop. you should just buy a set of lowering springs because you need to pull your stock ones out just to remove the pads and all that work to lower your car only 1/2 inch ??

therock2689
10-01-2006, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by rollinrealbig
the pads are about $7 each I think.

you wont really notice any drop. you should just buy a set of lowering springs because you need to pull your stock ones out just to remove the pads and all that work to lower your car only 1/2 inch ??
well that i realy need to do its to rid a rake that happened for some unknown reason(maybe the 120lbs of sub and amps) so what i need is like a 1/2 inch drop to level out the car. I dont have 250-300 bucks right now and im not going ot have this car for much longer so i dont want to invest to much now.

lewda
10-01-2006, 09:37 PM
if your not gonna have the car much longer and you dont feel like investing into anything, then why bother doing the pads? b.c Rollin said, you wont notice anything. Kinda pointless, if your gonan get rid of the car soon anyways, to go through all that trouble to put diff spring pads on that wont do too much of a difference in terms of a drop your probally looking for....

1sickC
10-02-2006, 07:47 PM
I just put h&R cupkit on, its kinda low. would changing the pads make a diff? how much ?

rollinrealbig
10-02-2006, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by 1sickC
I just put h&R cupkit on, its kinda low. would changing the pads make a diff? how much ?

not a differance that is worth the work. IMO.

Denlasoul
10-03-2006, 08:47 AM
This Thread will help you out. (http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=158&highlight=spring+pads+part+number)

1sickC
10-03-2006, 04:38 PM
After the cup kit the camber is pretty bad, what do you guys recommend? The "tire store" across the street from my shop said he doesnt think any thing can be done. Would the dealer be able to fix it with an alignment?

Any help is appreciated

JRE320
10-03-2006, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by 1sickC
After the cup kit the camber is pretty bad, what do you guys recommend? The "tire store" across the street from my shop said he doesnt think any thing can be done. Would the dealer be able to fix it with an alignment?

Any help is appreciated

I told you camber kit the only solution for your problem. :rolleyes:

black96benz
10-06-2006, 09:01 PM
Yeah I'm gonna change from a number 3 up front to a number 1. Already have the eibach prokit so hopefully the 10mm will make it sit as low as the rear. Number 2 in the rear.

JRE320
10-07-2006, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by black96benz
Yeah I'm gonna change from a number 3 up front to a number 1. Already have the eibach prokit so hopefully the 10mm will make it sit as low as the rear. Number 2 in the rear.

Biggest mistake using the Eibach prokit. Let us know the out come
of your car.

97C28O
10-07-2006, 09:30 AM
Whats wrong with the Eibach kits?

1sickC
11-16-2006, 06:08 PM
I went from a eibach pro kit with worn out shocks to a cup kit and honestly for the prices I dont see anything wrong with eibachs. I like the cup kit but now my tires rub, the camber isnt any better, it costs more, and in high speed turns it feels like more body roll then before. But I never tested it turn for turn.

davis449
11-17-2006, 05:14 AM
I had stock length Bilstein HD's on with Prokit's, stock rims, and stock sized tries. Then I switched to Bilstein Sports with a 225/50/16 tire (stock rims), which was a great improvement, but still seemed to be a bit off. I just switched rims to a staggered setup with 235/45/17 front and 255/40/17 rear and that made a WHOLE lot of difference in how the car behaved. Before it used to hesitate slightly before biting down hard in corners, now that is GONE. Moral of the story is that rims can drastically change how a suspension setup feels. I'm contemplating an H&R switch on the springs, but if I don't, I think I need to go #1 pads in the front cause it sits a little higher than the rear.