PDA

View Full Version : Tinting windows on a C43AMG?

kowalski
10-05-2006, 02:27 AM
hi to you all i wonder if it looks cool to tint the windows on a C43amg, my car is silvermetallic with original factory tint,this is very light tinted so i wan't a darker tint but not the darkest,do you think it looks cool on a mercedes especially on a C43amg.post any pictures of your cars so i can decide what to do.
thanx

matt09
10-05-2006, 04:37 AM
It might look cool and all, but if a grain of sand gets caught between your window and the rubber strip on the top of the doors, you get a nasty scratch in your tint.
If I remember to do so, I'll post a couple of pics of your worst case scenario:
A guy with a blower next to the car+ Sand+Rolling the windows down=Scratches.

94benZo
10-05-2006, 11:48 AM
look at members gallery... and post question if you see tint you like on a car.

97C28O
10-05-2006, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by kowalski
hi to you all i wonder if it looks cool to tint the windows on a C43amg, my car is silvermetallic with original factory tint,this is very light tinted so i wan't a darker tint but not the darkest,do you think it looks cool on a mercedes especially on a C43amg.post any pictures of your cars so i can decide what to do.
thanx

Not being cocky or anything but.... tint is tint... it don't matter what car it is on. tint is for privacy and to protect against the sun and also looks. So you decide. Most people have 35% and 5% tints. And yes there is many 202s with tint!

Nitrogenbalance
10-05-2006, 04:17 PM
Do it. It will be better than before. Installation quality is the key.
My C43 is silver as well with 50%. Check out he pictures in the gallery section.

sig425
10-06-2006, 05:35 AM
mine is tinted. Every c43 I have seens has scratches in the tint. I read some where that it is because of the hard plastic rollers used to raise/guide the window. They fixed it by putting felt on the rollers. I need to retint but have avaoided it due to the scratching.

Is there a harder tint less prone to scratching?