PDA

View Full Version : Monday, getting HR and Bilstein Sport shocks installed: What to expect?

Dr. ///AMG
08-12-2003, 02:12 AM
Check this. The 202 be dropped on VodkaG's 6 months old HR springs, so they be settled already, and 'gassin'' on Bilstein Sport shocks.

Now the 202 be '99 C280 Sport.

To get NO fender gap, would #1 pads all around be rec'ed? Car I think be w 2 front, 3-4 rear per Sander @TWS's guess.

Be that the springs are already settled, I guess we'll be able to see on the spot how it be.

Car gonna be on 18x8.5 225/40 all 'round.

aite.

So, think I'll be fender gap free a la Indo? Or ghetto hooptie, a la Croatian?

MBATF
08-12-2003, 03:19 AM
My car is also 99 c280 Sport, and if u were getting the Cup Kit put on then i can for sure tell u what u need, but as far as i no from people who have ur set up...i think they Cut 1.5 springs..not sure.. maybe ask...Susanto? or MArcus.

JRE320
08-12-2003, 07:34 AM
Even though the springs are used still expect the drop will not look as you expected since you gonna have new shocks installed.
So drop it first and then let it settle down. Where did you get 18x8.5 and what type of rims? How come you did'nt go for 18x8 & 18x9 instead? Why you afraid that your sister ride would come out more aggressive than yours? :p :D ;)
Another thing if you gonna max it down to the ground, your sister ever drove a lowered car before? If anything happen to her car coz of scrapping and rubbing you gonna get an ear full from your Dad for sure... :p ;) :)

nokia8860
08-12-2003, 07:51 AM
Doc:

Use 1 all the way around. The drop will be good

http://www.club202.com/nokia8860/fisheye.jpg

Alps
08-12-2003, 08:56 AM
I should have my #1 pads today and will have the H&Rs fitted on saturday #1 on the front and #2 on the back(as i have alot of ICE in the boot, didnt want to risk #1)

i`ll let you guys know how i get on!

Dr. ///AMG
08-12-2003, 10:27 AM
Jun, da wheels gun' be Moven brabus VI reps. No staggered setup for the sake of rotation. Not like she'd care for a staggered setup anyway.

Joey, I guess #1 all around will be the deal!

pnsji
08-12-2003, 12:50 PM
What to expect?

Your wallet is going to be $500 thinner :D

JRE320
08-12-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by pnsji
What to expect?

Your wallet is going to be $500 thinner :D

He'll never go thinner...... :p :D ;) :)

Dr. ///AMG
08-12-2003, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by JRE320
He'll never go thinner...... :p :D ;) :)

The wallet foo, the wallet...

chykneestweakr
08-12-2003, 05:43 PM
can someone explain to me the deal with the pads when you upgrade your suspension or wheels? im new to the boards. thanks.

C280 JR
08-13-2003, 06:09 AM
right now i got 1 in rear and no gap, and front 2 with one finger gap, if you get 1 in front im sure that you will have no gap

chykneestweakr,

Pads are something that i believe only mercedes makes....Basically its a rubber donut looking piece and it goes on top of a spring, now it has different thicknesses..#1 is the thinest allowing your car do go down even lower, and #5 being the thickest still droping your car down but only a little bit:)

Elvir

nokia8860
08-13-2003, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by chykneestweakr
can someone explain to me the deal with the pads when you upgrade your suspension or wheels? im new to the boards. thanks.

spring pads are little rubber inserts MB places inbetween the top of the spring and the top spring perch (for lack of a better term) to prevent metal to metal noise contact and to adjust the ride height of the veh depending on the options on the vehicle.

Spring pads denoted by little rubber nipples indicate the height. 1 dot, 2 dot, 3 dot, etc.... with 1 being the thinest.

The reason why most ppl here talk about the type of pads used for lowering vehicle is because it can effect the overall height of lowering the car.

I run 1 dot pads both front and rear. Some one else may run 4 dot front and rear. This being my car will sit a few mm lower than the other persons car.

Just like MB, most ppl who have all the ICE in the back trunk may want a higher number pad in the back to offset all the heavy weight they added to their car so that their rear doesnt sit lower than the front.

Hope this helps some and welcome to the club!

chykneestweakr
08-13-2003, 07:33 PM
thanks for the info. learn something new everyday. :)