10-10-2006, 09:32 AM
has anyone here ever had the mkb tuning package:

MKB 202 11
Increase in performance to 184 kW (250 HP) at 5500 rpm, 348 Nm at 4000 rpm
modification:
additional to kit MKB 111 37, sports camshaft intake, s/s exhaust
headers, complete exhaust system incl. Catalytics, adaption of ECU

http://www.mkb-tuning.de/pages_en/products/products.php?artgroups%5Bid%5D=5

approx how much does it cost? is it worth it. and most importantly, do you actually have to send them your car?

Proven Guilty
10-10-2006, 10:43 AM
"Mechanical locking differential 4 - Cylinder 35001850327" :o

I need to make a phone call; The only problem is that I don't speak german, and my boy Josch is out of the country for another week. A REAL LSD for my c230K would be the most beautiful thing ever!

That pulley kit looks great, and has the performance figures about right. My guess is that it would be around $1300-$1800 for the entire kit, and raise the stock boost from 5.5lbs to roughly 8.5-9.0lbs of boost with those numbers. If your car is not a 2000 C230K then you will also need to relocate the MAF to a horizontal position, use colder temp spark plugs, as well as upgrade the bosch fuel preassure regulator (75psi recommended).

I dont see why you would have to send them your car, and I honestly doubt they do the installs in the first place (unless you bought an entire overhaul package like you can do with kleemann).

The install of the pulley kit, and everything else included can be done in your driveway over the course of a weekend with simple hand-tools and a breaker bar.

Thanks for the link, this looks very promising!

Denlasoul
10-10-2006, 10:47 AM
I'm fairly certain that the kit (MKB 111 37) would cost alot more than ~$1500. I owuldnt ber surprised if that kit costs more than 5K.

IMHO they are one of the top tuners of MB cars. The M in MKB is the same one in AMG. ;)

Proven Guilty
10-10-2006, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Denlasoul
I'm fairly certain that the kit (MKB 111 37) would cost alot more than ~$1500. I owuldnt ber surprised if that kit costs more than 5K.

IMHO they are one of the top tuners of MB cars. The M in MKB is the same one in AMG. ;)

now that i re-read his original post, i'd put 5k about spot-on with an estimate. when i looked at the site he linked, i was only looking at the pulley kit, but with the cams, stainless header, ecu upgrade and such the cost is greatly added (but well worth it!)

A quote on custom cams for my car were in the neighborhood of $2200 from topline last August. A full exhaust system could easily run between $1800-2200.

I've only been studying the Mercedes line since About July of '04, so the knowledge you guys on the board bring is ace! Thanks DLS for the insight, I have my notebook out and ready to be schooled! :cool:

Renn 208
10-10-2006, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Denlasoul

Melcher sold his stake in MKB a number of years ago... Also, I don't know if this info is still current, but MKB did have a retailer in Texas, and for a time Evosport also carried MKB parts... It's possible that they're still out there, but it would be best to contact MKB directly for a rep local to you. All that being said, I only recall one US MKB customer who has been on the boards. But that's from waaay back.

Pagz
10-10-2006, 11:08 AM
Interesting...I see one of the M111K upgrades is a bigger inlet manifold for the kompressor!!...always though that was worth HP.

matt09
10-10-2006, 12:18 PM
I want the 280hp+ one for my m104 :bored:
and the muffler...
and the differential...

I need to win the lotto...

omeyhomey
10-10-2006, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by matt09
I want the 280hp+ one for my m104 :bored:
and the muffler...
and the differential...

I need to win the lotto...

A pulley will definitely help :):cool:

matt09
10-10-2006, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by omeyhomey
A pulley will definitely help :):cool:
Mmmm thanks for the heads up. Found a couple of interesting threads on it.

unHookt
10-11-2006, 01:06 PM
They have an email address...